• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Closed-Back Headphone Kit for Audeze LCD-2 LCD-3 LCD-X LCD-XC LCD-4

npol

Forum Donor
Do you own an Audeze Open-Back Headphone? Have you ever wanted to turn it into a closed-back headphone, for use in the library or office?

This closed-back conversion kit allows you to convert your Audeze open-back headphone into a closed-back headphone without permanent modification to your headphones.

Compatibility:
Audeze LCD 2
Audeze LCD 3
Audeze LCD 4
Audeze LCD X

For more information, please check out my listing on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Closed-Bac...e-LCD-2-LCD-3-LCD-X-LCD-XC-LCD-4/124419847484

solderdude

Grand Contributor
What's the impact in tonality.
There MUST be some penalty when closing a headphone that was designed to be used open.
Why not have it measured ?

SpaceMonkey

Do you own an Audeze Open-Back Headphone? Have you ever wanted to turn it into a closed-back headphone, for use in the library or office?

This closed-back conversion kit allows you to convert your Audeze open-back headphone into a closed-back headphone without permanent modification to your headphones.

Compatibility:
Audeze LCD 2
Audeze LCD 3
Audeze LCD 4
Audeze LCD X

For more information, please check out my listing on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Closed-Bac...e-LCD-2-LCD-3-LCD-X-LCD-XC-LCD-4/124419847484
Man, i compared closed vs normal on crinacle.com . Would prefer closed version.

Please find someone who can measure lcd-2 stock and with your closed kit. Then post results here. If you manage to fix mids and higher frequencies you will become a saint.

Sean Olive

Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
What's the impact in tonality.
There MUST be some penalty when closing a headphone that was designed to be used open.
Why not have it measured ?
Yeah, send me the kits and I will measure them. I have LCD-2 and 4 -:)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I hope it is a bit better than this:D
A 20dB dip in the mids and shrill highs.

Sean Olive

Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
I hope it is a bit better than this:D
A 20dB dip in the mids and shrill highs.

Look at the bright side: being closed back, you are the only person who has to hear that :)

Top Bottom