• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Microsoft | Windows 10 | Apps | Skype ... All Latest News

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
https://www.windowscentral.com/micr...-third-party-apps-my-clean-windows-10-install

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/14/a-major-bug-is-forcing-microsoft-to-rebuild-skype-for-windows/

I find it extremely annoying all those apps that aren't needed and constipate the Windows 10 experience.

Skype is a world of hurt, infested by the worst hackers this side of the planet.

Even my mail is full of junk and it's not a fun experience. It has reached a boiling point and it is even invading my family and friends private email.

What's happening with Microsoft and their updates from hell!
Number one priority in our computer world is security and privacy, not useless features for kids.

Microsoft needs to hire adults who prioritize privacy of families, smooth communication through Skype, security through thoss channels, emails, and stop installing apps that jam our computers.

It's frustrating, I admit. I like smooth sailing and the joy of peaceful living and the good spirit and humor of the Olympic Games. With computers it's not always the case, and same with TV channels from the cable companies. That's why I cut the TV cable long long time ago. My PC is the last bastion to get the news I want to read, the interaction with family and friends.

I know nothing about Twitter...it sounds like a twisted world.
I know not much more about Facebook who is not a private family affair.
Hackers and breach of privacy are normal routine, it is not the smooth sailing we aspire to.

Anyway, the two articles above make me rethink life's direction, my life, my privacy, nobody else's business to impose and dictate and harass. Windows are frustrating @ times, very.

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The way I read it, instead of an "S" version it will just be an "S" toggle.

If you want "S". Or your Adminstrator forces it upon you.

upload_2018-3-8_2-11-26.png

Wombat

Master Contributor
Windows 10S seems to be exclusive like Apple/Mac?? o_O

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Some occasional mishaps ... human errors ...

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...ctly-upgraded-some-windows-10-users-to-v1709/

°
"This happened to me last night," said a user sharing his experience on the AskWoody tech support website. "About 30 minutes later, a box pops on my screen and informs me that there are security updates available and that it needs to update to latest version of Windows 10 to be able to install them and then starts the update.

"I have Dell XPS8900 with version 1703 and when the update finished, I had version 1709, but no sound, no color ( everything black and white ), reinstall software notifications and errors saying certain shortcut keys are not available," the user added.

"I had pause[d updates] on for 35 days enabled and 365 days set on feature updates. After restoring an image and disabling WU service, the forced update began to update all over again !!!"
___

You guys are all good?

"This incident marks the third time in the past year when Microsoft has mistakenly updated v1703 users to v1709. It happened before in November 2017 and January 2018when Patch Tuesday security updates accidentally upgraded some users."

Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Facebook is used by some as a spy center for crooks, Twitter as a trampoline for fake news, Google as a surfboard for hackers, YouTube as a promotional advertisement, Amazon as a Walmart, eBay as a Chinatown, TV as a soap opera, ...

We live in a system of recorded data for playing bingo and bowling with our families and friends, black jack too and poker.

It's a way of speech with its truths and consequences. Nobody is responsible but everyone using the system. ...A flake system created by unknown players and organizers. ...To organize and orchestrate bands of parades.

If privacy and decency was a thing during the Egyptians today think.
_____

https://gizmodo.com/windows-has-a-plan-to-make-its-update-system-a-little-l-1823909504

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Your Services Agreement made clearer

"You’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you, as well as to cover new Microsoft products, services and features.

The Microsoft Services Agreement is an agreement between you and Microsoft (or one of its affiliates) that governs your use of Microsoft consumer online products and services.

You can read the entire Microsoft Services Agreement here. You can also learn more about these updates on our FAQ page here, including a summary of the most notable changes. The updates to the Microsoft Services Agreement will take effect on Ma‍y 1, 20‍18. If you continue to use our products and services on or after Ma‍y 1, 20‍18, you are agreeing to the updated Microsoft Services Agreement.

If you do not agree, you can choose to discontinue using the products and services, and close your Microsoft account before these terms become effective. If you are a parent or guardian, you are responsible for your child’s or teenager’s use of Microsoft products and services, including purchases.

Thank you for using Microsoft products and services."
_____

What do you guys do with that type of email?

Amir, is this legit or not?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
What do you guys do with that type of email?

Not being a lawyer, it hits the shitcan soon enough.

---

I used to work at a Rental Car Agency, before everything was totally computerized.

The back of the Rental Contract had all the fine print (and it was small) explaining what you agreed to when you signed the front and took the car.

Out of the thousands of customers I served, two, that's right, two, actually tried to read the backside (glancing at it doesn't count) before signing.

Both, when I asked, were lawyers.

Neither finished reading the page. They had better things to do, like, get on with their planned vacation activities.

Wombat

Master Contributor
If a member goes missing for a considerable time, they are probably reading the Microsoft Service Agreement.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Thank you gentlemen, you just confirmed what others are saying; total CRAP.

* I sent it to the FBI to see if they can locate the provenance, and I also posted it on Twitter for all to see.
Facebook doesn't give a rat ass, now that they have violated the cardinal rule by letting Cambridge Analytica gathering private info on 50 million clients.

Springs just keeps blooming by the minute...it's beautiful out there by the ocean.

Top Bottom