• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

My first youtube interview... I am famous now!!!

Wombat

Master Contributor
You havent watched the interview have you? Amir address your first criticism literally in the first 20 mins of the video! Shame

Not particularly noticed.

Amir would be experienced re knowledge transfer. I would be surprised if his videos are not focused and concise.

Last edited:

boselover61

Not particularly noticed.

Amir would be experienced re knowledge transfer. I would be surprised if his videos are not focused and concise.
Id argue the opposite. In talks hes a great story teller and goes from point a to b without jumping the hoops too much. This video is long but it basically serves as the intro to asr to anyone that doesnt know. Watch this in full and you will truly get a grip of what Asr is about and where amir came from, why hes doing what hes doing. The only thing it lacks are timestamps on different topics of conversations. Having timestamps would practically gets rid of your concerns and most peoples. With timestamps people can pick out which portion of the interview they want to listen to.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Id argue the opposite. In talks hes a great story teller and goes from point a to b without jumping the hoops too much. This video is long but it basically serves as the intro to asr to anyone that doesnt know. Watch this in full and you will truly get a grip of what Asr is about and where amir came from, why hes doing what hes doing. The only thing it lacks are timestamps on different topics of conversations. Having timestamps would practically gets rid of your concerns and most peoples. With timestamps people can pick out which portion of the interview they want to listen to.

Nothing beats an index, not even a menu. ;)

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You come across much nicer on video :) that's good. to long yes.

Personally i lament the fact the we now have a generation that cant read and use video for everything that's sad, but its the reality we have.
(don't get me started on video tutorials watch a video for ten minutes and scroll and pause relevant part and disturb everyone around you with the sound of your phone, or scroll to the right part in 30 seconds and get it..)

pma

Major Contributor
Wouldn't it be better to make that very long video story shorter?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
And I was expecting the Japanese lady.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
BDWoody,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for watching the video.

I hope to bring on other objective based Audiophiles with great stories to tell, entertain, and just shoot the shit. If things go well, maybe I’ll attract subjective Audiophiles with well reasoned arguments (is there such a thing in this situation) to have a moderated debate with an Objective Audiophile. Would that be cool?

So you are Thomas? Same name as me. ;) So i wish your channel all the best! Doing a interview with @amirm was a great choise imho!

Hope you could enjoy germany at least a littel?

Spocko

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@HionHiFi good interview, here are some tips. Obviously you've got good content so..
- A strong color LED illuminating your background is often used by youtubers to make the background fade out a bit visually.
- Interviewing is an interesting subject which I've done a good amount of research on. With someone like Amir and subject matter like what you discussed, you want the discussion to be somewhat meandering, I think you did a good job of staying on topic and staying organized. Maybe you can split the sections into individual videos and put them in one playlist. When an interviewer is personally invested in the information they are getting from the subject, the interview will tend to be interesting to watch. Many youtube 'interviews' are as much a platform for the interviewer as they are for the subject, and these can be a bit tedious. Amir is an interesting guy and I think you did a good job highlighting that, but he's also fairly articulate and has a desire to express himself. Not all subjects will be as easy so be prepared for that.
- A shotgun mic offers good room rejection but a lavalier is normally easier and cheaper

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I've attentively watched some "how to fix something specific on your specific car" videos.

Other "educational" types, not so much. Very rarely anything that has something to do with audio.

Next interest of interest for me will be soaring, having just joined the Tampa Bay Soaring Society with eager plans to become a bird.

I can buy a plane for less than a fancy stereo...

---

Went out yesterday.

They're next door to a very active Parachute center.

You don't notice them until you hear their chutes opening.

Then everyone looks up to make sure there are no "meat missiles" headed directly at you.

One chute failed to open properly, the diver cut-away and the reserve worked.

Looks like fun until it isn't is my take on that sport.

Last edited:
Top Bottom