• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Devialet Phantoms - a revolution is coming Feb 2nd apparently

Music1969

Major Contributor
Phantoms are out of stock and there is this note.

Wonder what it could be.

1611228055475.png

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
Still don't understand what's the use of this speaker
Super expensive,. You need 2, gets outdated pretty quickly

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Still don't understand what's the use of this speaker
Super expensive,. You need 2, gets outdated pretty quickly
All DSP speakers potentially get outdated pretty quickly. These were amongst the first so the "longest living" DSP speakers (6 years now) so far afaik, so only the future will tell.

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
All DSP speakers potentially get outdated pretty quickly.
I would rather say wireless and/or external application controlled loudspeakers, DSP if used for example for internal signal processing shouldn't get faster outdated than classic passive or active loudspeakers and in some cases actually even slower (for example getting more settings or tweaking via future firmware update).

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
Maybe you can send them for megabucks upgrades like the amps.

DSJR

Major Contributor
I can think of one or two speakers (one made in the UK until recently) where they could barely service them after warranty or a revised version came along.

Here's me complaining a few years back that a mid 70's Spendor bass driver couldn't be repaired at the time (may be possible now as some enterprising people can re-make voice coils and so on and compatible surrounds may be available).

Top Bottom