• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CES 2017: Piega Speakers

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A7883.jpg
093A7878.jpg
093A7879.jpg
093A7880.jpg
093A7881.jpg
093A7882.jpg

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
D

Deleted member 65

Coax AMT's, or not ...

From Piega's site:
"Piega's specialities are the LDR (Linear Drive Ribbon) tweeter ribbons and the coaxial ribbon system. The design of both systems is predominantly based on a strong magnetic field and an extremely thin, partially embossed, foil. For the coaxial system, the acoustic centre of the entire mid- and high-range is at precisely the same point on the X,Y and Z axes. This means that the system is the only real point sound source on the market. Time-aligned emission in all dimensions is the valuable advantage of this uncompromising construction."

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
I'm afraid I don't understand "passive radiators". They flex with the internal pressure created by the "active radiators", but that's where it stops making sense to me.

SinnerSaint

I'm afraid I don't understand "passive radiators". They flex with the internal pressure created by the "active radiators", but that's where it stops making sense to me.
Sealed spks have limited bass extension, due to the closed box.
Ported enclosures allow deeper bass to be produced; however at the expense of control & w/possible chuffing.
Radiators are the best of both worlds; getting some of the control of a sealed design w/some of the additional output of a ported design.
Transmission Line designs may be the most accurate [debatable], though engineering & manufacturing will be more expensive [typically] than the other three types.

Top Bottom