• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Purité caught in expensive audiophile cable shocker!

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
In certain parts of the pro audio world, Moagmi cables are viewed as expensive! I certainly liked their microphone cables when I engineered recordings.

Fwiw, I just ordered a pair of white AES cables from Blue Jeans Cable for my soon-to-be-delivered 8Cs. BJC uses Belden 1800F and Neutrik connectors for their AES cables. In my case, the color of the cables was crucial for SAF purposes.

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
In certain parts of the pro audio world, Moagmi cables are viewed as expensive! I certainly liked their microphone cables when I engineered recordings.

Fwiw, I just ordered a pair of white AES cables from Blue Jeans Cable for my soon-to-be-delivered 8Cs. BJC uses Belden 1800F and Neutrik connectors for their AES cables. In my case, the color of the cables was crucial for SAF purposes.

Yes, the colour of cables is underrated.

I didn’t know BJC let you choose the cable colour. Thanks for the tip!

kendall

Can you get an extended audition for Dutch&Dutch in the US? I’m in DC and no one around here has them.

OP
Purité Audio

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Have you written directly to Dutch&Dutch?
Keith

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you get an extended audition for Dutch&Dutch in the US? I’m in DC and no one around here has them.

I'll have some 8Cs set up in NYC in a few weeks (or sooner, depending on when my stands are delivered) if you're able to drive up or catch the Amtrak or shuttle. I'm not a dealer, but you'd be able to hear and see them in a domestic space.

I do realize it would be a lot of trouble for you to make the trip to audition an audio device, but I've gone farther for auditions before. Not sure if you're as crazy as I am. ;)

Last edited:

kendall

I'll have some 8Cs set up in NYC in a few weeks (or sooner, depending on when my stands are delivered) if you're able to drive up or catch the Amtrak or shuttle. I'm not a dealer, but you'd be able to hear and see them in a domestic space.

I do realize it would be a lot of trouble for you to make the trip to audition an audio device, but I've gone farther for auditions before. Not sure if you're as crazy as I am. ;)

That’s generous, thx! We have lots of customers in NYC so it’s not that unlikely.

Wombat

Master Contributor
Spouse acceptance factor. There are other variations e.g. WAF, SOAF.

Top Bottom