• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Guardians of the Galaxie Vol.2

Palladium

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I agree GotG2 is good but isn't as good as the first. Mostly because the humor felt more forced.

Still, that and Deadpool are the only MCU movies I care at the moment. Though I'm sure they will eventually grow just as stale and tired like the Avengers by their third installment.

Have to say I struggled with Star Wars. I did enjoy it, but it was more from a nostalgic POV than considering any real merit/originality to the film. In essence how many times can you re-tell the same story? I just dont need to see another episode.

Star Wars is fucked forever, because the big corp suits in charge will either play it safe and retell the same old stories, or they think they can and need to break away from that with "new" stuff only to be referencing the OT again and again.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Star Wars...

I think I saw the original in a theater, so I likely watched the whole thing.

But I haven't seen more than a portion of any of the others, though I've tried when they came along.

The Force must not be with me.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Star Wars...

I think I saw the original in a theater, so I likely watched the whole thing.

But I haven't seen more than a portion of any of the others, though I've tried when they came along.

The Force must not be with me.

Which theater? I think I saw it on one of the early multi-plexes on Greensprings Hwy.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Nope.

We time-warped out of Homewood in 1969 and landed in Jacksonville FL.

Then in 1973, from Jacksonville to Tampa area.

Saw 2001 at the Eastwood Mall Theater... Which I still watch again from time to time.

theater_sign_icon.JPG
On Christmas Day 1964, The Eastwood Mall Theater opened for business. Originally it was a single-screen auditorium, equipped for Cinerama movies such as 2001: A Space Odyssey and Ice Station Zebra. Regular visitor and contributor Tom Frieling of Athens, Ga., and Birmingham native, recalls the first movie to be shown here was The Pleasure Seekers with Ann Margaret. The Eastwood Mall Theater would challenge the '20s-era Alabama Theater downtown as the most popular place to catch a movie. A breezeway connected it, Hill's Winn-Dixie Food Store, and a new Pasquale's Pizza.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Nope.

We time-warped out of Homewood in 1969 and landed in Jacksonville FL.

Then in 1973, from Jacksonville to Tampa area.

Saw 2001 at the Eastwood Mall Theater... Which I still watch again from time to time.

theater_sign_icon.JPG
On Christmas Day 1964, The Eastwood Mall Theater opened for business. Originally it was a single-screen auditorium, equipped for Cinerama movies such as 2001: A Space Odyssey and Ice Station Zebra. Regular visitor and contributor Tom Frieling of Athens, Ga., and Birmingham native, recalls the first movie to be shown here was The Pleasure Seekers with Ann Margaret. The Eastwood Mall Theater would challenge the '20s-era Alabama Theater downtown as the most popular place to catch a movie. A breezeway connected it, Hill's Winn-Dixie Food Store, and a new Pasquale's Pizza.

The last movie I saw at the Eastwood Mall theater was related to Star Wars in a way. It was American Graffiti. I think it played there for something like 48 straight weeks.

I saw the latest Star Wars in the Imax on the back side of the block the Alabama is on. They were showing Christmas Vacation and probably had 5 times the customers as the IMAX.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Though I'm sure they will eventually grow just as stale and tired like the Avengers by their third installment.
Though I thought both 1 & 2 had merit I have no craving for a GothG3, How many times can you tell the same joke?
Star Wars is fucked forever
I saw the latest Star Wars in the Imax on the back side of the block the Alabama is on. They were showing Christmas Vacation and probably had 5 times the customers as the IMAX.
Shame, Fallin to the Dark Side you have.

Top Bottom