• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What Headphones Do You Own Ready to Send to Amir for Testing at His Request

dmac6419

Major Contributor
You could always depend on them being offered at an attractive discount at the Focal listening station at CanJam events. But who knows when those can start up again; or if attending is a possibility for you.

Otoh, Audio46 is the best. The owner always offers me deep discounts. I say, go for it now if you want it.
Thank you for the info,will do

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
X2HR
M1060
HD598 (not sure of version, the ivory and brown one)
Blon 03 (with factory & different tips) & 01 (2020 model); also 06 with aftermarket pads, but sadly they are too deep and thus vocals are now recessed and the factory pads are too tight fitting to get back on :(

Moondrop Starfield
1More Triple driver IEM
KSC75 (with factory & Yaxi pads)

Last edited:

Shadow12347

Forum Donor
Here are my headphones/earphones. I have various cables for most:

HEADPHONES
-Drop Ether CX (Removed stock dampening from within earpads, also have tuning kit)
-Audeze LCD-2 (Original w/ Fazor, Shedua Wood. Bought B stock, but in great condition)
-Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro (Stock)
-Drop TH-X00 Ebony (An older pair I bought used and recently replaced pads with Dekoni Sheepskin)
-Hifiman HE5se (older, but pads were recently replaced with new originals)
-AKG K712 Pro (older, stock)
-Sony WH-1000XM3 (stock, and an international version that's in Chinese by default... Can be changed to English in Sony app)
-Drop HD6XX (stock)
-Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro (older, stock)
-Audio Technica M50x (stock, but also have Dekoni Velour)
-Grado SR-60E (with Grado "L" pads)
-Koss Sporta Pro

EARPHONES:
-Moondrop Starfield (using some third party amazon tips)
-Thor Mjolnir (haven't shipped yet, and severely delayed...)
-Dunu DN-2002 (Spinfit tips)
-Linsoul BLD Earbuds 150ohm
-VE Monk Lite Earbuds (upgraded fixed silver cable)

OP
Helicopter

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Okay, done editing my post #6. That's all I can remember. Minus my IEMs.

So what now? Do we need another / a separate thread where people make request of what they want to see measured? ;) Or do they vote / suggest / request here?

I think we can use existing threads. No reason not to discuss the stuff listed here is the threads for stuff we want to see measured, and you could just mention there a member has already offered a pair or headphones here.

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Stock Grado SR80E coming fresh from Amazon. Going to dabble with Grado's and maybe do some mods in the future.

Tim Link

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have some Grado SR325e I could send in for testing.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
-Moondrop Starfield (using some third party amazon tips)
FYI I have the Moondrop Illumination and Blessing 2. Will take me a bit to get setup to test IEMs however.

Shadow12347

Forum Donor
Will take me a bit to get setup to test IEMs however.

Yeah that makes sense. Seal matters so much, and it isn't easy to tell if the seal is right when you aren't actually wearing them yourself (among many other problems I'm sure).

As for headphones, I have plenty, so when the time comes, I could send as many as you're interested in measuring. I just need one closed back so my wife doesn't kill me from the noise of open backs while she's trying to sleep :)

FYI I have the Moondrop Illumination and Blessing 2.

Oh nice! Been eyeing the Blessing 1/2 for some time, and there's quite a hype around them... Would you say it's justified? I got the Starfields to get an idea of Moondrop's tuning without sinking too much, so if they're any representation of their other offerings, I am quite impressed. They give me an audio oasis when I happen to be building some particularly noisy servers at work (ever hear a few R340's with literally ANY pcie card in them? Sheesh...)

OP
Helicopter

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Yeah that makes sense. Seal matters so much, and it isn't easy to tell if the seal is right when you aren't actually wearing them yourself (among many other problems I'm sure).

I still haven't figured out how to do a subjective test of mine. :facepalm: Hard to say if they are any good when only the left ear seals and doesn't fall out. I do not have the patience to spend hours testing all the tiny ear things to see if it is even possible to get function or acceptable performance. Tried a couple and gave up. I probably spent 20 minutes fiddling and 4 minutes listening, and then I was like, I hate IEMs. Thank God I didn't start with something expensive.

Shadow12347

Forum Donor
I still haven't figured out how to do a subjective test of mine. :facepalm: Hard to say if they are any good when only the left ear seals and doesn't fall out. I do not have the patience to spend hours testing all the tiny ear things to see if it is even possible to get function or acceptable performance. Tried a couple and gave up. I probably spent 20 minutes fiddling and 4 minutes listening, and then I was like, I hate IEMs. Thank God I didn't start with something expensive.

Haha, yeah I really had a similar experience when I got the Dunu's, but unfortunately for me, they were expensive... And uncomfortable lol. Sound was great so I tried to manage for a long while before I gave up :facepalm:. Took a hiatus, and then tried again with the Starfields and boy am I glad I did. Ones shaped like this I feel are much better than the typical style. They fit right in my ear, and once I found the right tips, they stay put too. Ones that go over the ear with the support shaping in the cable are essential imo. Without that, iems certainly would not work for me.

Just curious, which did you try?

OP
Helicopter

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Haha, yeah I really had a similar experience when I got the Dunu's, but unfortunately for me, they were expensive... And uncomfortable lol. Sound was great so I tried to manage for a long while before I gave up :facepalm:. Took a hiatus, and then tried again with the Starfields and boy am I glad I did. Ones shaped like this I feel are much better than the typical style. They fit right in my ear, and once I found the right tips, they stay put too. Ones that go over the ear with the support shaping in the cable are essential imo. Without that, iems certainly would not work for me.

Just curious, which did you try?
Tin T3

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Oh nice! Been eyeing the Blessing 1/2 for some time, and there's quite a hype around them... Would you say it's justified?
I don't know. They are still in the box. :)

GWolfman

Forum Donor
Willing to offer up all I have (worth testing, IMO):
  • Massdrop/Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee
  • Massdrop/Sennheiser HD 6XX
  • Sennheiser HD 280 Pro [Old Model, according to Amazon] (64ohm, claims: "Accurate, Linear Sound for Monitoring Applications")
Update1:
  • (Mass)Drop Sennheiser PC38X

Last edited:

TLEDDY

Forum Donor
Here is what I have to offer:

HiFiMan HE-1000 v1 (can also provide the v2 pads, which unlike most I do not like as much as v1)

Audeze Mobius

MrSpeakers Ether Flow C with the latest tuning kit (very importantly) with flat pads and stock angled pads as well as ZMF pads I sometimes like more [!] :eek:

MrSpeakers Alpha (Sold to a friend but I can likely borrow it)

MrSpeakers MadDog 3.2, stock pads and I think maybe have the Alpha pads?

Fostex T50rp (stock & unmolested)

(Do you see a theme in the previous four?)

Sennheiser HD650, newer release purchased several years ago.

Massdrop Fostex TH-X00 (1st gen/drop) with numerous pad alternatives, natural and artificial material, and perforated or not, from several different manufacturers some made for them others that just fit and I think work better.

Massdrop AKG K7XX (also the 1st gen/drop)

Final Audio Sonoros VI, same as above in regards to numerous pad upgrades / options. This is an interesting duck in that it's a two-way hp w/a BA tweeter. Of all of mine, I'd love to get this one measured the most.

Meze Classics 99 (also sold to my friend but I'm sure I can borrow it)

Phonon SMB-02

Phonon 4000

(would love to see the above two phonons measured the 2nd most. Tyll's measurement of the SMB-02 had a super huge suck-out in the mid treble w/a big spike in distortion. And I just don't hear that. Would love to see if that is confirmed or disputed, chalked up to a bad sample.)

beyerdynamic T50p Tesla

beyerdynamic Lagoon ANC

Focal Spirit One

Yamaha Pro 500

Marshall Major

Koss PortaPro

SONY MDR-HW700DS 9.1ch Wireless Surround Sound Headphone System purchased from Japan

Now, for some serious OGs...

beyerdynamic DT-800, version from two decades ago. I believe the 250 ohm version.

AKG K340 Needs a pad upgrade and re-rubber banding the headband.

Audio Technica ATH-ESW9

AKG K501

AKG K240 Studio

BANG & OLUFSEN [B&O] Form 1

I missed it if mentioned. Can this rig do IEMS? I do not have anywhere near as many iems as others, but have a few to offer.

WOW!!! x 10^7

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does anyone have the Beyerdynamic DT-150 using the DT-100 velour pads that can be sent in for review? I have them and like the sound of them, but it is a complicated process fo me to send them overseas.

Top Bottom