• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I just received 9038s g3 susumu. And I have two problems on Windows 10.

Firstly, it didn't work after installing the drive(CT7601.exe); volume is just 0db, no sound

Secondly, without the driver, it worked but channel imbalanced. I'm not sure this is because of headphone cables.

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
oliveoilthansnakeoil, are you sure if you not using any kind of adapter 2.5/3.5mm balance/unbalance? Please, do not try to use such an adapter to avoid DAC killing. Regarding the DAC works without the driver and doesn't with, it sounds strange, I never saw such a thing. Your unit was tested by me at least 2 times on Win10 before sent to you. A good idea to join our discord channel and discuss that case with other E1DA users(>2500).

Reactions: PSO

gcompari

oliveoilthansnakeoil, are you sure if you not using any kind of adapter 2.5/3.5mm balance/unbalance? Please, do not try to use such an adapter to avoid DAC killing. Regarding the DAC works without the driver and doesn't with, it sounds strange, I never saw such a thing. Your unit was tested by me at least 2 times on Win10 before sent to you. A good idea to join our discord channel and discuss that case with other E1DA users(>2500).
Sorry, I don't use/know "Discord": how can I connect to your channel?

Artaois

Ah thanks for the fast response!
Was hoping the Fiio K3 might work because it has a uac1 switch and optical out that you could run to something else but reports are negative.
Apparently the new 3d audio option will not pass through hdmi either so you can't use a HDMI audio extractor.
Can someone mod a 9038D inside a PlayStation 5 controller? Lol

Artaois

UAC1 limited 24/96, perhaps DF Cobalt UAC1.
I think I did see that a dragonfly worked. I just feel like their products are very overpriced.
Also some of the products "working" are putting out a low volume. The device needs to be locked at 100% apparently?

SiliconExarch

Artaois, UAC2 as well.
I know it's your product and all, but it's a fact that Mac OS X Tiger doesn't support UAC2 yet here is my PowerDAC v2 working fine on my Power Mac G5...

Picture 2.png

nyj585

How well does this work with Android devices? I am interested in the unbalanced/3.5mm version E1DA 9038D. I bought a HIDISZ S8 and I have been mostly disappointed due to connection issues requiring a bunch of work arounds (even with USB debugging on). Or should I just get the Meizu Hifi Pro, although that suffers from cellular interference from what I hear.

This will be used with a Samsung S20+ if it matters.

Thank you!

miguelx74

hi everyone,

is the power supply recommended for the 9038D? which of the three bundles should I buy to be able to connect the 9038D to an electrical outlet or to a Power Bank?

p.s. when will the amirm review for the 9038D be available?

wasnotwasnotwas

hi everyone,

is the power supply recommended for the 9038D? which of the three bundles should I buy to be able to connect the 9038D to an electrical outlet or to a Power Bank?

p.s. when will the amirm review for the 9038D be available?

Should power from your Android device just fine. For iphone you would need a connector that allows power too.

miguelx74

i have an android smartphone.
I thought a power bank could connect between the 9038D and the smartphone.
If I can't connect the power bank to the 9038D I will have to buy another DAC / AMP.

I have another question: can the 9038D also be used as a DAC alone? Does it have a LINE OUT output?

DivineCurrent

Forum Donor
i have an android smartphone.
I thought a power bank could connect between the 9038D and the smartphone.
If I can't connect the power bank to the 9038D I will have to buy another DAC / AMP.

I have another question: can the 9038D also be used as a DAC alone? Does it have a LINE OUT output?
I think the 9038D works fine as a line out in it's default settings? I may be mistaken, but I thought I read that somewhere.

Top Bottom