• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

BrooklynDan

I received my iSine 10 today and no cipher cable. I didn’t expect it at that price. But I don’t need it as I am using it with Roon off my iPad which includes a DSP preset for the iSine 10.
Once I found the right tips for my ears (which is critical for bass) and figured out the ear clips, I think they sound really good! (with the DSP preset engaged).

Thank you Mark! I’m also using my iSine 10’s with Roon and didn’t know about the DSP preset.

I agree, the iSine 10’s sound great to my ears and certainly worth the sale price. It took me a good 20mins until I found an ear clip/tip combination that felt good.

Have a great night!

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

MrOtto

Active Bookshelf (for US buyers):
Edifier S2000pro
Normally US$400, now on sale for US$327 (18% drop) [lightning deal] on amazon.com (lowest price this year).
AH review.

These are a complete steal for this price. I have them. A joy to listen to. They go so deep for just a 5.5" woofer. Really heavy these, excellent build quality. I would like to see a Audioscience review by @amirm

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Passive Bookshelf (for US buyers):
Pioneer SP-BS22-LR
Regular US$150/pair, now on sale for US$83/pair (45% drop) on newegg.com

Amir's review.
1607022759430.png
Deal is back!
Expires in 4 days.

unco

I bought the RC252. That's the less popular Infinity center speaker and it is sealed like the buffalo-sized RC253. Also, it is apparently a 2.5-way design; the Harman Audio website leaves that part out for some reason. I put it up on stands and I tell you what, I should not have done that. Had to stop myself from buying two more. If the R162 sounds about the same then people have been underselling the R162, and that's an understatement.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I received my iSine 10 today and no cipher cable. I didn’t expect it at that price. But I don’t need it as I am using it with Roon off my iPad which includes a DSP preset for the iSine 10.
Once I found the right tips for my ears (which is critical for bass) and figured out the ear clips, I think they sound really good! (with the DSP preset engaged).
Thank you Mark! I’m also using my iSine 10’s with Roon and didn’t know about the DSP preset.

I agree, the iSine 10’s sound great to my ears and certainly worth the sale price. It took me a good 20mins until I found an ear clip/tip combination that felt good.

Have a great night!
Just be careful pulling on those ear hooks, they like to snap and break.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Studio Monitors (for Canadian buyers):
KRK RP5 Rokit 5 G4
Normally CDN$498/pair at long-mcquade, now on sale for CDN$413/pair (17% drop) on amazon.ca (good drop, but lowest was CDN$400/pair back in Feb).
5" woofer.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Measurements are averaged on and around the MLP which is about 5ft from all 4 of those iLoud MTM surrounds (average contains many measurements around that MLP spot as well, roughly around 2 couch seats). Yes, these includes the room's influence from this nearfield position.

Dispersion is likely wide, given the narrow width of the baffle and the 3.5" size of the little woofers.

Actually @napilopez measured the quasi-anechoic spinorama of the little brother iLoud Micro. I believe it has the same baffle width and drivers (but only 1 woofer) so dispersion width should be similar (the iLoud MTM vertical directivity should be narrower due to the MTM configuration).

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...surements-and-quasi-anechoic-spinorama.10988/

Yes, I think the built in ARC dsp targets flat in-room, which would sound bright. But I tilt that down to match my other speakers w/ Dirac, or it can be done w/ tone controls.

My SPL is not limited by the 40hz extension, because I'm crossing over to an array of 3 subwoofers. I can get as loud as I'd ever want w/ this nearfield setup & subs. For example, with an 80hz crossover, the iLoud MTM would be about 25db down at 40hz, while the subs would be taking nearly 100% of the load there. I'm crossing these over at a bit higher than 80hz at the moment.
I just bought the last pair. Didn't want to miss the price.

It will be interesting! Glad I saw this thread.

Last edited:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Earphones (for Canadian buyers):
Apple Airpods Pro
Regular CDN$329, now CDN$269 (18% off) at Costco.ca (price is visible for members).
Lowest price in Canada so far....was previously $286 on sale at London Drugs 1 month ago.
Selling for CDN$250 ($20 lower than previous best deal from Costco) at London Drugs.

Deal is valid for 1 day only, today!

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Headphones (For Canadians):
Sennheiser HD 4.50 SE
Was CDN$250, now on sale for CDN$100 (60% drop) on amazon.ca (lowest price in the last year).

Rtings (look at RAW frequency response):
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/sennheiser/hd-4-50-btnc
Rtings (look at recommended parametric EQ filters):
https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/Au...tings_harman_over-ear_2018/Sennheiser HD 4.50

Different (previous?) model, HD 4.4, reviewed by DIY-Audio-Heaven:
https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-s-se/hd-4-40-bt/

Last edited:

yourmando

I just bought the last pair. Didn't want to miss the price.

It will be interesting! Glad I saw this thread.
It’s a fantastic price for an active speaker with built in DSP, linear phase, no hiss, and even comes with a calibration mic! It hopefully has good directivity, because I know the built in EQ works pretty well, if only for 1 position.

For that price, it’d handy to have even if just for an extra set, or for nearfield surround completion duties.

I can’t wait to see Amir‘s Klippel NFS spin data to really see its chops!

Blake Klondike

Forum Donor
It’s a fantastic price for an active speaker with built in DSP, linear phase, no hiss, and even comes with a calibration mic! It hopefully has good directivity, because I know the built in EQ works pretty well, if only for 1 position.

For that price, it’d handy to have even if just for an extra set, or for nearfield surround completion duties.

I can’t wait to see Amir‘s Klippel NFS spin data to really see its chops!

Which speakers were these?

weasels

Top Bottom