• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Is JBL going out if business?

raif71

Major Contributor
1606174650765.png

I like the word "unceremoniously" so I remembered the only time I heard it (liked it) was in the movie "Life of Pi (2012)". Perhaps Greg liked the movie too...

Last edited:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Putter

Forum Donor
I am dismayed, overwhelmed by the fact that a somity of electro-acoustic physics, the great Engineer Greg Timbers, could have been fired on the one hand, and under such conditions after 43 years of life and professional loyalty for JBL. It is just shameful, absolutely inhumane rogue methods.
How can we fire such a great Engineer who gave his letters of nobility to JBL with legendary, mythical series like the 43 (consumer and professional division) or the fabulous Everest then its incredible Evolution DD66000 certainly the best acoustic cabinet of the audio industry in its class.
But who are these incompetent, these skunk, these irresponsible who have no recognition and cut the branch of the tree on which they are sitting? And, who is this "amirm" on the forum that supports them and doesn't seem to have invented hot water.
Harman was a fabulous company with prestigious brands including flagship JBL, Crown and Souncraft until Samsung came into the group's capital and turned everything upside down, suicidal attitude. A sound technician specifying the JBL, Crown and Soundcraft brands since 1977.

It's obvious that English is not your native language so let me translate.

I am dismayed, overwhelmed by the fact that a master of electro-acoustic physics, the great Engineer Greg Timbers, could have been fired on the one hand, and under such conditions after 43 years of life and professional loyalty to JBL. It is just shameful and absolutely inhumane.
How can they fire such a great Engineer who gave his heart and soul to JBL with the legendary and mythic series like the 43 (consumer and professional division) or the fabulous Everest and then the incredible Evolution DD66000, certainly the best acoustic cabinet of the audio industry in its class.
But who are these incompetent, these vile, these irresponsible who have no recognition and cut the branch of the tree on which they are sitting? And, who is this "amirm" on the forum that supports them and doesn't seem to have invented hot water.
Harman was a fabulous company with prestigious brands including flagship JBL, Crown and Soundcraft until Samsung acquired the group and turned everything upside down and displays a suicidal attitude. I'm a sound technician who has specified the JBL, Crown and Soundcraft brands since 1977.[/QUOTE]

The changes are in italics except for the reference to "amirm" sic which I don't quite quite understand and has not to my knowledge taken credit for inventing hot water. I don't really agree with most of the post except to sympathize with a previously valued employee who was unceremoniously fired, having been let go at a similar age where job prospects are difficult due to a previous recession. This is a common phenomenon in corporate America. Incidentally my current speaker are JBL E20's which date back to early 2000's when Mr. Timbers was still at JBL although I doubt he was directly involved in their design.

valerianf

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My only JBL purchase was a wireless headphone and clearly the worst I ever bought. Even my Philips one was better.
I returned the headset and i do not think to buy this brand any more.
Bad marketing is able to destruct a brand image if it is at the expanse of technical performance.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
“Gone” like ...what?
Gone as in stopped posting. Nothing more. Sorry was not clear.
His last posts were in Apr of 2018, he was happy about finding the dust cap that came off one of his speakers and that was the last we heard from him. I hope @Phelonious Ponk is OK and didn't have any health issues or such, he was one of our Original Gangsters here. :(

Top Bottom