• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY Purifi Amp builds

OP
J

JimB

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
The flux capacitor.
Or...
1605645161421.png

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Pretty cool build. :D
Although I feel the notion of class D needing extra cooling to be exaggerated. Specially Purifis they run cooler than nCore, which already is quite cool.

D

Deleted member 65

Pretty cool build. :D
Although I feel the notion of class D needing extra cooling to be exaggerated. Specially Purifis they run cooler than nCore, which already is quite cool.

If you had attended one of my kids parties you’d think otherwise. Using all security measures in fun corona distraction.

From Purifi’s doc: ”Continuous output power depends on properties of the thermal system. ”

Edit: Built a pair of nCores 2013, now long gone

boXem

Major Contributor
Audio Company
If you had attended one of my kids parties you’d think otherwise. Using all security measures in fun corona distraction.

From Purifi’s doc: ”Continuous output power depends on properties of the thermal system. ”

Edit: Built a pair of nCores 2013, now long gone
Since you are all out on cooling, may I suggest sanding all surfaces where thermal transfer will occur? Paint/anodisation are pretty bad at transmitting heat.

NTSOS

Not in a box yet because I was anxious to just get her up and running, so be kind, yes it's crude and sloppy but it is my first ever DIY amp build. I have the aluminum plates and screws to complete the box, just received the drill bits for cutting the input and vent holes, and so I will complete everything over the next day or two (including tidying up and twisting/shielding all of the cables, replacing the quick connects with ones that are fully insulated, changing out the bare end of the ground wire to an insulated ring, and using color-coded cables instead of the all-green). I most certainly welcome criticism and input from those more experienced who spot anything egregiously out of place.
View attachment 45858View attachment 45859
Hi.....where do you get the correct pins to insert into the plastic connector for the 220/120 J3 jumper? Thanks.

NTSOS

If you will be using it in a country with 115VAC mains voltage, watch out for getting/making a jumper for the J3 of the SMPS1200 - it is not included from Hypex.
IMG_1295.jpg

Hi Jim.......do you happen to know where I can get the correct pins to insert into the plastic connector to properly jump the J3? Thanks man!

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

NTSOS

Reactions: NTK
OP
J

JimB

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
D

Deleted member 65

So, power connections are now in place in my amp.
Only remaining part is the connection from SMPS J4 to Neurochrome buffers J2. From one connection to two connections. Need to build new ribboncable, is it possible to have three connectors on one ribboncable or are the leads cut in the connector?
Similar to pic but with three connectors.
1605730369766.jpeg

NTK

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So, power connections are now in place in my amp.
Only remaining part is the connection from SMPS J4 to Neurochrome buffers J2. From one connection to two connections. Need to build new ribboncable, is it possible to have three connectors on one ribboncable or are the leads cut in the connector?
Similar to pic but with three connectors.
Yes. You can do something like this.

ribbon-cable.jpg

Top Bottom