• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

fredoamigo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
AudioSolutions Virtuoso S
VJZnydwCAsvmMHGx44vk-FZdxzmVmQB-nRmQkcumXnDVTDfNw10OL1-YpRghAE7KRkTDXFYT-y-PtLJ_9mnBZbXvHzDQl1BxplTnNXT2SvP6tvA

riker1384

B&W tend to be the best looking of the really big brands.

Sonus Faber has some nice looking ones, like these:
3975d49acd7cf971afc89e18b247e144.jpg

Any speaker that has a simple shape with nice wood veneer. I'm partial to my Rosenut Energy RC-10's. They have real wood veneer at an unusually low price point of $500/pair new, in addition to sounding great. Pictures are not mine, as you'll take them from my cold dead hands:

https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649104961-energy_rc10_rosenut/images/692002/
https://www.ukaudiomart.com/details...c10-speakers-in-rosenut-finish/images/953732/

953734-ae48f225-energy-reference-connoisseur-rc10-speakers-in-rosenut-finish.jpg
953736-514c78d9-energy-reference-connoisseur-rc10-speakers-in-rosenut-finish.jpg

xykreinov

Forum Donor
Well, the Klipsch RP-41M may sound like #%*&^@$ $&@%# without 20 whole bands of parametric EQ, but they sure are easy on my eyes.
View attachment 90882
View attachment 90883
The tweeter and its "horn" are honestly really beautiful- pictures can't do it justice. The way the inner shading of the horn is naturally contrasted by the metallic sheen of the tweeter behind the needle piece is rather enticing.
Alas, it'll be a happy day when I donate these to a local robotics team, and have on my desk iLoud Micro Monitors in their stead.

OP
Pearljam5000

Pearljam5000

Master Contributor
They're stunning, obviously it's a not a classic speaker design with a wood cabinet, but I like the futuristic industrial design.

tuga

Major Contributor
They're stunning, obviously it's a not a classic speaker design with a wood cabinet, but I like the futuristic industrial design.

I like modern and minimal designs but those look like a prototype where form follows function yet no thought was given to the aestethics.

sergeauckland

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like modern and minimal designs but those look like a prototype where form follows function yet no thought was given to the aestethics.

But these 'speakers are a tool, not a piece of art, so form-follows-function is exactly what they should be.

Are there any stylish hammers or spanners?

S.
(Cue lots of pictures of totally impractical tools......)

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
But these 'speakers are a tool, not a piece of art, so form-follows-function is exactly what they should be.
I’m sorry, Genelecs are tools, but when you buy these Wilsons you’re the tool. ;)

tuga

Major Contributor

Are there any stylish hammers or spanners?

S.
(Cue lots of pictures of totally impractical tools......)

That is overcooking it. Of course a speaker is a tool but one also has to live with it and it affects the overal atmosphere of your sitting room. Why shouldn't it look good too?
In fact I would rather have the speakers, any speakers, behind an acoustically transparent curtain, or in-walls which take less/no floor space and are almost invisible.

KqcMUbf.jpg

I had a colleague once who only liked to use beautiful tools. Anything from pens and pencils to eraser to stappler to hole puncher to keyboard and mouse to computer display to phone to desk to lamp to chair...

It was nice to look at and live with. Expensive though.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah. I concede on those B&Ws. I like my Focals better because I am nore confident they focused on audio transpanency, but those B&Ws are incredible.

Those of you who like Genelec looks. Hmm. To each their own. I would love to have some Genelecs by the computer or in a HT, but to gawk over... we really do have different preferences.

All the horns and bespoke real wood stuff, the Altecs and the Klipsch heritage stuff, I also like a lot. I love the simple right angles of 3/4 plywood on Klipsch Heresys and Cornwalls, or Crites Cornscallas. Raw birch, walnut, cherry, yellow 1990s oak, the black ash and oak, they are all great.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That is absurd. Of course a speaker is a tool but one also has to live with it and it affects the overal atmosphere of your sitting room. Why shouldn't it look good too?
In fact I would rather have the speakers, any speakers, behind an acoustically transparent curtain, or in-walls which take less space.

KqcMUbf.jpg

I had a colleague once who only liked to use beautiful tools. Anything from pens and pencils to eraser to stappler to hole puncher to keyboard and mouse to computer display to phone to desk to lamp to chair...

It was nice to look at and live with. Expensive though.
Yes. I may just put really good Focals in the walls of my next room build. The infinite baffles are great.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The white is stunning but I would have preferred that the midrange driver would also be white but I guess you can't Have everything
View attachment 90887
Yeah, they’re definitely one of my favorite looking speakers. Also really like the rounder b&w 800 towers.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Closely followed by Revel’s original Salons:

I had the original Studios, which basically looked the same (minus a couple of drivers).

TBH, I wasn't such a huge fan of them aesthetically. I had the rosewood panelled version, and it always looked to me like a battle was going on between the old-world aesthetic of the panels and the Star Trek: The Next Generation aesthetic of the enclosures and drivers.

I agree that the version you posted, with the silver side panels, worked a lot better.

Top Bottom