• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Mesanovic RTM10 Monitor

js_k0914

45998540-1204-4AAD-8D07-B450080DF903.jpeg
FD7B8FFD-38D4-41F4-BF36-DD4F4FAC2C0D.jpeg
EE18B684-5E1F-44F5-9BA1-13347D304E42.jpeg
D81CE52C-CAD7-4F26-8105-D2B7ACF70E5F.jpeg
9D4325E0-2EF8-4E39-87B2-3E0EEE42F5A5.jpeg
4E32F098-AD81-4CFB-A73C-F41B2C58463D.jpeg
E63C0A10-B007-493F-86A2-D7F46C37EF24.png

I’m interested in this speaker.

Looking good drivers, Hypex Ncore, ruler flat response, decent spinorama(except narrow beam width at high frequency), ribbon tweeter in-house, MSPR 7,500$ in US.

Soon, They will upload about more detail spec.
I hope that it will be a one of the great speakers.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/pro...active-dsp-monitor-w-true-ribbon-tweeter.html

Last edited:

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I assumed from the wording of the OP above that these are $7500 each. However, clicking through to the manufacturer’s announcement at Gearslutz, I see they’re $7500 for the pair. Still quite expensive of course - but for a true 3-way system with Ncore amps, a 10” woofer, and seemingly stellar measurements, these look like a potentially great value.

Plus a sealed enclosure - no port issues to worry about - and included amplification means lower efficiency from the sealed design is already taken care of.

My only question is how that 5” mid-woofer behaves in the upper-most octave before the relatively high 3500Hz crossover point.

Last edited:

napilopez

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Woah! Another one to keep an eye out for. Notably the narrow ribbon means wide directivity; it's unusual to find monitors with such wide directivity and such linear performance. Focals are on the wide directivity camp, for example, but their lack of DSP means they sacrifice some on-axis linearity relative to the neumann and genelecs of the world. If you enjoy a wider than normal sound, these seem like they could be really legit. The ribbon should also mean narrower vertical directivity, helping to lessen the particularly adverse vertical reflections.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I assume this is analog in, correct?

Yes - the user manual shows only an XLR input. Aside from the IEC jack for the power cable and some kind of plug for service-only firmware updates, there are no other inputs of any kind shown in the manual.

OP
J

js_k0914

I assumed from the wording of the OP above that these are $7500 each. However, clicking through to the manufacturer’s announcement at Gearslutz, I see they’re $7500 for the pair. Still quite expensive of course - but for a true 3-way system with Ncore amps, a 10” woofer, and seemingly stellar measurements, these look like a potentially great value.

Plus a sealed enclosure - no port issues to worry about - and included amplification means lower efficiency from the sealed design is already taken care of.

My only question is how that 5” mid-woofer behaves in the upper-most octave before the relatively high 3500Hz crossover point.

E30A3087-2700-430B-9971-133AA726EE0F.png
SB Acoustics SB15NBAC30-4
C30CD36E-C528-4581-9691-C50721985A77.png

It seems that using this driver for midrange.
At the response of the driver 3.5kHz is right before directivity starts to be narrow.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello Deni!

First question, will you provide a sample for Amir to review..:)..?

Thanks!

I'm not Deni, but my personal take is that its duplication of effort that only adds to Amir's huge workload if the NFS is merely used as a robustness check for speakers with existing comprehensive measurements, particularly for low-sales volume speakers. In cases of more common speakers like the Neumann KH80DSP, KH120A, Genelec 8030C and KEF/JBL/Revel stuff, I think the large production run and userbase warrants NFS time particularly to check out QC, but I don't think it's worth it for those with much smaller production runs and good measurements already existing.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Hey ASR! Deni here from Mesanovic. This is my very first post on the forum. I'm happy to answer any questions about the RTM10 or the company in general. Thanks!
Hi and welcome Deni.

Could you please provide horizontal and vertical polar information, as well as distortion plots if those are available?

Where did the name of the company come from?

Last edited:

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Great to have you posting here Deni.
The measurements are spectacular I look forward to hearing a pair.
Bw Keith

deni

Audio Company
Hello Deni!

First question, will you provide a sample for Amir to review..:)..?

Thanks!

We have extensive measurements posted below and they'll be on our website very soon. At the moment all of our demo pairs are out for review (and we only have a few). Once we get them back I'm sure we can figure something out!

Great to have you posting here Deni.
The measurements are spectacular I look forward to hearing a pair.
Bw Keith

Thanks Keith!

Hi and welcome Deni.

Could you please provide horizontal and vertical polar information, as well as distortion plots if those are available?

Where did the name of the company come from?

Mesanovic is my last name. The full company name is Mesanovic Microphones, but since we've added monitors to our offerings I think just "Mesanovic" would be more fitting moving forward :)

I've been designing and manufacturing ribbon microphones for almost 10 years. Our microphones are 100% completely made in-house. The metal machining of the body/internals, transformer winding, ribboning, testing, everything in-house. We also manufacturer OEM toroidal transformers for several pro audio companies. The RTM10 features an in-house made true ribbon tweeter with our unique toroidal core matching transformer and a very unique corrugation pattern. These two elements help us achieve very low harmonic distortion for a 4 micron thick true aluminum ribbon tweeter. It's also imporant to note that a 4 micron thick ribbon sounds very different from the common 9-15 micron thick ribbons found in some of the mass produced ribbons from large transducer manufacturers. I'll also note that each pair of RTM10's is matched. The factory tolerances for all the drivers is very tight, but even then we take time to match each pair in our chamber and keep all records in case of driver failures/replacement issues so we can ensure a perfectly matched pair in case of repair.

Attached below are directivity charts, distortion, group delay, and the spinorama. All these measurements were conducted in our anechoic chamber (anechoic down to 200Hz) and merged with ground plane measurements.

You'll notice the narrowing vertical directivity at high frequencies which is common with ribbon tweeters. Being that the RTM10 is targeted at mixing/mastering studios for nearfield/midfield positioning, the narrow directivity is quite beneficial in removing reflections that are very common from mixing console/control surfaces and overhead "clouds" or the ceiling in general. For home hifi use this is also beneficial and since most listening is done in midfield/farfield at home this effect becomes drastically less noticeable at those distances (sitting vs standing).

I also threw in a picture of our anechoic chamber. It took quite some time to design and build. It's always great giving tours and having people experience zero reflections for their first time!

-Deni

Mesanovic-RTM10-Spinorama.jpg

Harmonic-Distortion-at-95dB.jpg

RTM10-Group-Delay.jpg

RTM10-Horizontal-Directivity.jpg

RTM10-Vertical-Directivity.jpg

DSC09817 (1).jpg

Last edited:

q3cpma

Major Contributor
We have extensive measurements posted below and they'll be on our website very soon. At the moment all of our demo pairs are out for review (and we only have a few). Once we get them back I'm sure we can figure something out!

Thanks Keith!

Mesanovic is my last name. The full company name is Mesanovic Microphones, but since we've added monitors to our offerings I think just "Mesanovic" would be more fitting moving forward :)

I've been designing and manufacturing ribbon microphones for almost 10 years. Our microphones are 100% completely made in-house. The metal machining of the body/internals, transformer winding, ribboning, testing, everything in-house. We also manufacturer OEM toroidal transformers for several pro audio companies. The RTM10 features an in-house made true ribbon tweeter with our unique toroidal core matching transformer and a very unique corrugation pattern. These two elements help us achieve very low harmonic distortion for a 4 micron thick true aluminum ribbon tweeter. It's also imporant to note that a 4 micron thick ribbon sounds very different from the common 9-15 micron thick ribbons found in some of the mass produced ribbons from large transducer manufacturers. I'll also note that each pair of RTM10's is matched. The factory tolerances for all the drivers is very tight, but even then we take time to match each pair in our chamber and keep all records in case of driver failures/replacement issues so we can ensure a perfectly matched pair in case of repair.

Attached below are directivity charts, distortion, group delay, and the spinorama. All these measurements were conducted in our anechoic chamber (anecohic down to 200Hz) and merged with ground plane measurements.

You'll notice the narrowing vertical directivity at high frequencies which is common with ribbon tweeters. Being that the RTM10 is targeted at mixing/mastering studios for nearfield/midfield positioning, the narrow directivity is quite beneficial in removing reflections that are very common from mixing console/control surfaces and overhead "clouds" or the ceiling in general. For home hifi use this is also beneficial and since most listening is done in midfield/farfield at home this effect becomes drastically less noticeable at those distances (sitting vs standing).

I also threw in a picture of our anechoic chamber. It took quite some time to design and build. It's always great giving tours and having people experience zero reflections for their first time!

-Deni

View attachment 90204
View attachment 90205
View attachment 90206
View attachment 90207
View attachment 90208
View attachment 90209
Desks don't reflect only the highest frequencies, which means that those early reflections will color the sound. Personally, I continue to see ribbons as marketing gimmicks with massive inherent problems like directivity depending on direction (that could be shaped more flexibly with a waveguide, if needed) and vertical beaming making them unfit for state of the art designs.

Zvu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi @deni ,

Do you plan to incorporate digital input in the future, since it's already a dsp powered loudspeaker ?

deni

Audio Company
Desks don't reflect only the highest frequencies, which means that those early reflections will color the sound. Personally, I continue to see ribbons as marketing gimmicks with massive inherent problems like directivity depending on direction (that could be shaped more flexibly with a waveguide, if needed) and vertical beaming making them unfit for state of the art designs.

Hope you get a chance to hear the RTM10 some day!

Hi @deni ,

Do you plan to incorporate digital input in the future, since it's already a dsp powered loudspeaker ?

Yes at some point. Since the RTM10 was mainly designed for professional studio settings we opted for an analog input only since it's still the choice of most studios. AES/Optical inputs could be updates in the future.

Top Bottom