• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thomas Savage Stepping Down as Moderator

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I've not been here a long time, but from what I've seen Thomas was an excellent moderator. Not intrusive, and decisive when it mattered. Let's hope our host can find someone of the same caliber to bridge the timezones.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Reactions: PSO

Rick Sykora

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks Thomas!

Truly appreciate the effort you have made as moderator and look forward to seeing your continued wit and whimsy on the forum. :D

Best wishes,

Rick

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thomas, you've been one of the most tolerant moderators that I've ever seen in trying to bring people on board, rather than having to cut them off. That makes a tough job even tougher. Thanks for that! :)

Colonel7

Thanks Thomas. Humanity in a moderator is a rare beast. Hope you're sticking around as Emeritus!

BillH

Forum Donor
Thomas has done an amazing job for ASR.
I'm addicted to this site - following many of the new threads every day.
Yet, I don't know how many times I've had to look away, as a thread has descended into chaos and ill will, making me cringe and avoid threads entirely.
Somehow, through all of this, Thomas had been a beacon of light - representing the straight path through the valley of evil.
I toast you sir!
best regards,
bill H

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
, Thomas had been a beacon of light - representing the straight path through the valley of evil.

He got a new job walking on water...;)

Dmitri

Forum Donor
Well damn. This is what happens when I join anything...people start vacating the premises. My bad guys.

Enough of that. Thomas, as I’m late to the game, I didn’t get to know you well, but I have truly enjoyed your wonderful sense of humor and admired the thoughtful patience you have demonstrated as moderator. I hope that you remain as a “civilian”...as this forum, as much as I enjoy it...will never quite be the same without you.

My best to you.

jtwrace

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's always good to know that hard work pays off and @Thomas savage has done so well with moderating that he can retire. Who's next?!?!

Thanks again for the thankless job!

spacevector

Forum Donor
Thomas has tasted the mod power - it will hard for Thomas to watch from the sidelines as Amirm does a mediocre job at moderating. Writing reviews, answering member questions and moderating the forum will become too much (1125454548898 + 546498545156 anybody?). At this point, Thomas will begrudgingly offer up his services again after a bout with alcoholism (super high functioning of course). And I hope he gets a chonker of a pay bump when that happens.

IMEO, amirm should may be remove himself a little bit from the day-to-day and oftentimes emotional exchanges on the forums and focus on high-value OP writing. Part 3 of the long awaited room correction tutorial may be. ;)

Now if Thomas don't want it, may I nominate @RayDunzl for the job?

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Good riddance. Time to prune off all the dead wood and move on. Best thing I've heard all day. Who's next?

Kidding! @Thomas savage , you know how I feel. Take care mate. :)
Dang! This was going to be my approach. Just for that...
55729F01-CA3F-427F-A68D-5F6724198C2B.png

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Thanks @Thomas savage

I think you'll find that your attitude has rubbed off on the place in more ways than one.

Top Bottom