• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

UMIK-1, REW adventure

Daverz

Major Contributor
I don't see porc as a waste of time. Since I'm quite familiar with python/numpy/scipy, so it looks like really interesting algorithm to study.

I haven't tried REW EQ + Rephase yet. It looked really fiddly.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The last time I tried to use rephase I was unable to import the filters into Jriver. Is there some kind of trick to making the filters compatible?

I would think you would have to pick the right format, sample rate, and maybe length

For my miniDSP it is 32 bit IEEE-754 (.bin), 48kHz, and 6144 taps

1556912021314.png
1556913639561.png

What does Jriver expect to see?

Hints: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Convolution

Last edited:

Cortes

From the wiki the usual .wav works "Filter files can be in any format supported by Media Center (.wav, .ape, .flac, .mp3, 16bit, 32bit, etc.)",
I'm using in Foobar (format field in Impulse Settings menu of Rephase): 64 bits IEEE stereo (.wav)

OP
Ron Texas

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Having a calibrated microphone and REW has been a revelation. It enabled me to finally fine tune my sub and confirm that the mains were not in need of adjustments.

Bringing back an old thread. I've got a question that I'm hoping one of you can help me with.
I have a UMIK-1 from a few years ago that was calibrated by Cross Spectrum Labs.
I was supplied a set of [narrow band and one third octave] calibration files for the mic.
When I try to use REW and select the 0 degree narrow band file, REW is telling me:
1603922996991.png

Is there an entry I can put into my files to make everything work like it should?
Thanks!

JohnPM

Technical Expert
Go to the miniDSP site, download the cal file for your mic and copy the first line of that file into your CSL file.

I think I figured it out. MiniDSP's site gives you a download, you just have to have your serial number. The download has an extra set of info on the top containing sensitivity. Added that to my cross spectrum labs file and it takes the file now. Hopefully this will help someone.

Top Bottom