• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Little Bear MC202 2-Way Stereo Passive Audio Switch (Amplifier / Speaker)

Habu

Audio Crossover Network Stereo 2-Way Amplifier/Speaker Switcher Passive Selector

Do not forget to power off your amplifier(s) before using this kind of selector !
FD22DE90-ABD4-4849-B674-01B417099C55.jpeg

https://www.doukaudio.com/audio-cro...-speaker-switcher-passive-selector-p0074.html

Little Bear MC202 Audio Crossover Network is an audiophile grade 2 way audio switch that provides the convenience and convenience of listening to different speakers and amplifiers in your system Home theater system to your speakers.

Description

Little Bear MC202 Audio Crossover Network is an audiophile grade 2 way audio switch that provides the convenience and convenience of listening to different speakers and amplifiers in your system Home theater system to your speakers. This unit features high quality, precision crafted speaker connectors that accept up to 18 gauge wire (1.5 square) for maximum reliability and durability. Can handle 500W RMS for each channel. 280 * 115 * 80mm small footprint for easy accommodation. 1.2mm metal and acrylic case, strong and sturdy.

With a simple LED VU indicator, it will blink with the music (when the speaker volume reaches a certain level it will automatically turn on)
Features
  • Listen to amplifier A or B through one pair of speakers
  • Listen to Speakers pair 1 or 2 from one of the 2 amplifiers
  • Compatible with all types of amplifiers and loudspeakers
  • Input / output through gold plated binding post to accept heavy duty speaker wires or speaker wire pins
  • Passive device, Simple and do not have to worry about sound effect, pure DIY manual welding. No external power required
  • Dimensions: W280 * D115 * H80mm
  • Net weight: 1.14Kg
Package include
  • 1× Audio Switcher
0B80F9AF-EFE2-409E-A562-B27FB8D44421.jpeg

EEB919C4-F469-4ECB-96B8-CC9B264814BC.jpeg

2F9921D4-1AEB-4B71-B590-9CA90E0D7875.jpeg

E36CCA64-E010-4C35-B074-53092FF10B95.jpeg

Last edited:

f1shb0n3

Forum Donor
Do you know if it can be used to A/B test two amplifiers with 1 set of speakers? You say "Do not forget to power off your amplifier(s) before using this kind of selector !" - what can happen if the switch is used while both amplifiers are producing a signal? I know some older amplifiers are not supposed to run without a load but most currently on the market should be fine is my understanding.

I'm trying to figure out a way to A/B test an Onkyo receiver amplifier against a Purifi-based one to understand the audible differences between a low power low quality amp and a state of the art one. Really curious to hear the differences in an instant switch A/B test comparison but want to do it correctly and safely, preferably without spending too much.

OP
Habu

Habu

You say "Do not forget to power off your amplifier(s) before using this kind of selector !" - what can happen if the switch is used while both amplifiers are producing a signal? I know some older amplifiers are not supposed to run without a load but most currently on the market should be fine is my understanding.

Hi f1shb0n3,
I just wrote just in case somedy tried it with the wrong amplifiers !
I don’t want to see American Lawyers in front of my door ;-) (remember the cat / microwave affair)

Sincerely yours
Habu

Paulz

Hi f1shb0n3,
I just wrote just in case somedy tried it with the wrong amplifiers !
I don’t want to see American Lawyers in front of my door ;-) (remember the cat / microwave affair)

Sincerely yours
Habu

If you're using one signal, e.g. a cd player or USB stream to a dac, how can you feed that signal to both amps so that you can switch between them with that same signal? I'd like to use one of these 2 amp to one speaker switch boxes but can't figure this part out.

(Currently I split the rca out from a volume attenuator to two amps, one is a tube amp, to drive Audio Nirvana 15 in full range speakers, and the other, a Crown amp to Eminence Alpha As), in an OB configuration.

I wonder if I could just split the signal again, this time from the already split signal going to the tube amp so I then have 1 set of rca cables going to the tube amp and another set going to a new amp.

(I just bought an Allo Volt+d and really like it with AN speakers. It has better lows and highs but I also love the midrange bloom [distortion] of the tube amp, since I've listen to tubes a lot).

Anyway I've no idea either about the safety or sound degradation of this approach..

Thanks as always.

Top Bottom