• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Motu 624 Audio Interface Review

rvsixer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In addition to what Blumlein 88 said, there is both digital and analog mastering. Analog mastering might still start with digital audio and then convert to analog and run through multiple analog pieces of equipment before being converted back to digital. Search YouTube for analog mastering.
Understood, but I believe that would be on much higher end ADC<->DAC conversion equipment, not the lower end AI DAC sections of recent discussion.

DonMobliano

I have been looking around for a more compact single unit replacement for my dbx 286s and Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK which I use for podcast/streaming. I am very interested in this unit due to all the routing options, built-in mixing capabilities and compressor/gate features.

That said, the one question I still have which I haven’t been able to find an answer to anywhere online is how the “To Computer” and “From Computer” channels present themselves to the operating system? In my case, I need the channels to show up in Windows as unique audio devices so I can have dedicated channels for music, games, discord, system sounds, etc. My Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK does this very thing, but I cannot for the life of me find out if the MOTU devices offer this same feature, or are the channels only exposed via DAW software?

Can anyone answer this question? I will be forever grateful! :)

DonMobliano

I have been looking around for a more compact single unit replacement for my dbx 286s and Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK which I use for podcast/streaming. I am very interested in this unit due to all the routing options, built-in mixing capabilities and compressor/gate features.

That said, the one question I still have which I haven’t been able to find an answer to anywhere online is how the “To Computer” and “From Computer” channels present themselves to the operating system? In my case, I need the channels to show up in Windows as unique audio devices so I can have dedicated channels for music, games, discord, system sounds, etc. My Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK does this very thing, but I cannot for the life of me find out if the MOTU devices offer this same feature, or are the channels only exposed via DAW software?

Can anyone answer this question? I will be forever grateful! :)

Update: I contacted MOTU support and it turns out that what I want to do is supported, however you have to set a Windows registry key in order to enable the multi-channel feature in Windows.

reg key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MOTU\Driver\MOTUProAudio\StereoKSStreamCount

I also found the following thread which talks about setting this reg key as well:
http://www.motunation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=66525

With this information, I just purchased the 624 and intend on replacing my mic/mixer setup for streaming. I'm pretty excited!

Hopefully this information helps others with this same question.

ehabheikal

Or just add some NCore amplifiers to go with it and you are done.

read on amazon review someone had a problem with ncore and motu most probably because of dc coupling i am out of my depth here in this statement.

Top Bottom