• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple TV making a series of Asimov's Foundation

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I love the casting and look in the trailer. Hope this is as good as it looks when it becomes available.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Eeek.... no.

Fortunately, they haven't yet ruined Stranger In A Strange Land. But I'm sadly aware that its day will also come.

/still not recovered from the TV version of Childhood's End

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Eeek.... no.

Fortunately, they haven't yet ruined Stranger In A Strange Land. But I'm sadly aware that its day will also come.

/still not recovered from the TV version of Childhood's End
I'm hopeful while realizing probably this won't be good enough. I do think Foundation is impossible to make as a movie. It is possible as a series I think.

I agree about Childhood's End. A crime against humanity that one was.

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I generally don't have an issue with changes in gender or ethnicity in casting, but to cast Salvor Hardin as a female is problematic for me. I've read Foundation multiple times and he's such an important character I don't know how well it'll work, but I'm certainly going to watch.

I also hope nobody attempts to do Stranger, as it is an important book in my life An almost impossible task I think. But I guess someone will try and probably do a job on it like Childhood's End, which was complete garbage.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I'll watch it once I finishing watching all the Clone Wars (in correct chronological order, of course) and season 2 of The Mandalorian.

OP
Blumlein 88

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I'll watch it once I finishing watching all the Clone Wars (in correct chronological order, of course) and season 2 of The Mandalorian.
Did we ever hear if the rumors of the main character quitting the Mandalorian were true?

Top Bottom