• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Trinnov Altitude

MikeyMac

Has Audioscience done a review on the Trinnov Altitude I can’t seem to find one

Blackdevil77

Hopefully Amir gets the opportunity soon. I'd love to see how they measure before I buy one.

Blackdevil77

I suggest contacting the company and asking them to send one in for review. I only have a weak lead on getting one right now.

I’ll give it a shot sure, but I’m not sure if they’ll send out a 5 figure product out for testing because some random guy asked them to. But hey, it’s worth a shot. I’d love to see how it compares.

I'll consider asking my Trinnov representative if the company would have any interest in doing such a thing. I'm just a little hesitant as I worry if a potentially bad review, or bad experience of some kind for them could jeopardize my position at my company or damage my company's relationship with Trinnov.

Blackdevil77

I'll consider asking my Trinnov representative if the company would have any interest in doing such a thing. I'm just a little hesitant as I worry if a potentially bad review, or bad experience of some kind for them could jeopardize my position at my company or damage my company's relationship with Trinnov.

*Fingers Crossed*
Maybe feel them out first? Make some sort of agreement beforehand that you have nothing to do with the reviews. Are they familiar with Amir’s testing procedure? I’m sure they have the means to accurately test their products in the same manner. Maybe they’re confident their product will produce the posted specs. As long as it performs the way they say it does, there shouldn’t be a problem.

Reactions: Tks

Tks

Major Contributor
Don’t get the last bit.. why would you expect to have you relationship damaged by a company sending their own rodict in for objective based review?

Lol are they in some sort of understanding with you that any review suggestion is something you’ve pre arranged through bribes for a positive review?

Don’t get the last bit.. why would you expect to have you relationship damaged by a company sending their own rodict in for objective based review?

Lol are they in some sort of understanding with you that any review suggestion is something you’ve pre arranged through bribes for a positive review?

Corporate politics are a strange thing my guy. I think very highly of my Trinnov rep. I believe him to be an honest man. I like he’d personally like the idea. But again, companies are weird. I’ve only been at my company for a year and am just a grunt with zero authority. That said my superiors are great people, but you just never know what can happen in an industry in which a lot of it is “who you know.” You’ll see vendors come and go strictly based on who likes who or rather who pissed off who. That literally happened yesterday, one of our now former vendors got greedy, nope. Bye.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Well, eventually someone will offer one for testing. To the extent they send me one, they will get some goodwill and data back.

That said, please don't jeopardize your relationship with the company or your rep. We will get access some other way.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I’ll give it a shot sure, but I’m not sure if they’ll send out a 5 figure product out for testing because some random guy asked them to. But hey, it’s worth a shot. I’d love to see how it compares.
They are not donating it to me. :) So the cost is not material. Let them know that if their product performs, it will be a huge PR win for them given our one million monthly visitors.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Have they published any in-depth measurements of their own. If you haven't seen them you could ask if they have them to share.

Blackdevil77

Corporate politics are a strange thing my guy. I think very highly of my Trinnov rep. I believe him to be an honest man. I like he’d personally like the idea. But again, companies are weird. I’ve only been at my company for a year and am just a grunt with zero authority. That said my superiors are great people, but you just never know what can happen in an industry in which a lot of it is “who you know.” You’ll see vendors come and go strictly based on who likes who or rather who pissed off who. That literally happened yesterday, one of our now former vendors got greedy, nope. Bye.

If you don't feel comfortable, than don't do it. If you want, you can still bring it up to him and point him in the direction of the site, then back away. Maybe with enough reading, he'll be interested enough himself to ask Trinnov, not including you in the decision. Just a thought, and of course totally up to you. Don't do anything you don't feel comfortable doing (obviously) I'm just trying to think of a way to get one of these to Amir without anybody risking anything.

Blackdevil77

They are not donating it to me. :) So the cost is not material. Let them know that if their product performs, it will be a huge PR win for them given our one million monthly visitors.

I'll try to write up a nice, eloquent e-mail. I'll do my best

Olli

Forum Donor
@amirm and Trinnov are in touch now. Not sure though when he will receive and have time to test a unit...

Top Bottom