• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

I thought people might like this...

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
Learning @ a young age, to gain experience, and the younger we are the faster we learn.
I enjoyed that video, thanks.

A brain is a beautiful thing. I won't get that bike, I'll keep riding the one I'm riding now.

Last edited:
OP
c1ferrari

c1ferrari

Forum Donor
Learning @ a young age, to gain experience, and the younger we are the faster we learn.
I enjoyed that video, thanks.

A brain is a beautiful thing. I won't get that bike, I'll ride the one I'm riding now.
Glad you like it, Bob. :D

tr1ple6

"Truth is truth. No matter what I think about it"
That is pure gold

OP
c1ferrari

c1ferrari

Forum Donor
Every now and then, Bob! :cool:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting video. In some ways knowing how the brain works not at all surprising, and yet it still is. Biking is a bit different than some activities too. You almost can't think your way thru it, yet it is pretty easy.

Here is something of the other kind of problem. Someone who has done something so many times it is incredible and suddenly they forget how. Can't do it anymore. In some cases immediately at once.

Like a professional baseball pitcher who literally mid-game forgets how to throw a baseball.

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/24/52536...s-pitching-ability-led-to-an-unusual-comeback

And he isn't unique. It has happened to a few pitchers and other ball players over the years.

The Yips or Steve Blass Disease after another victim of the malady.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Blass

Top Bottom