• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Computer forum section?

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
I don't remember if this was asked in the past. I think it would be a good addition; I certainly can use some smart advice here.

Anyway, here's my question (serious):
Should I update to the new windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703)?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I am not sure you will have a choice after a while. Microsoft will force an upgrade. I am still regretting my last upgrade as both my wife's machine and mine lost reliable Wifi on wake up of the system.

Wayne

Forum Donor
I am still regretting my last upgrade as both my wife's machine and mine lost reliable Wifi on wake up of the system.

Thanks for the insight. I am also experiencing the Wifi wake up problem, but did not associate it with the upgrade. I've been re-booting my modem and Wifi router. :(

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Thanks for the insight. I am also experiencing the Wifi wake up problem, but did not associate it with the upgrade. I've been re-booting my modem and Wifi router. :(
Here is a quicker fix. Just turn off your wifi on your computer if it is a laptop and back on. That should take care of it. Alternative, just disconnect and reconnect from your wifi and that should work too.

Wayne

Forum Donor
Here is a quicker fix. Just turn off your wifi on your computer if it is a laptop and back on. That should take care of it. Alternative, just disconnect and reconnect from your wifi and that should work too.

The above procedure you describe works (and I had stumbled on it), but I have to turn off the wifi each time I "wake-up" the computer from "sleep" or let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes. A habit I am slowly getting into.

Was the above a permanent fix for you, or do you have to turn the wifi off/on each time?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
The above procedure you describe works (and I had stumbled on it), but I have to turn off the wifi each time I "wake-up" the computer from "sleep" or let it sit for 3 to 5 minutes. A habit I am slowly getting into.

Was the above a permanent fix for you, or do you have to turn the wifi off/on each time?
On my machine it works and I don't have to wait at all. On my wife's system it works most of the time but not all the time and she has to reboot her machine.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Thanks, I will update soon to 1703.

And also thx for the good tip on the Wi-Fi issue.

By the way, Windows didn't get any update for quite a while, and I had several issues, ...too many to describe here...it would take a lot of space/data.
And those issues were not minor, I would say they were extremely annoying.
Like losing my camera all the time, still now. The CPU was going berserk too, and the disk running @ 100%. And, the Edge browser went infected with some major virus. ...Just from searching scientific developments on climate change.

Also, Windows doesn't let you know anymore about previous updates. I don't know if they revert that now with 1703?

It has been very frustrating lately with Windows 10 Operating System.
I will give them a last chance with Creators Update, or I will jump to the other side of the moon, Apple.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Here's a suggestion: Kill the Fight Club forum section and replace it by a Computer forum section. That fight Club crap is only a bad tactic to get new members registering, IMO
If people want to fight they can join the street gangs for control over drugs.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
That fight Club crap is only a bad tactic to get new members registering, IMO
Unregistered members do not see it. As such, it is not an enticement for them to register.

OP
NorthSky

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Unregistered members do not see it. As such, it is not an enticement for them to register.

That was exactly what I meant; when you are curious, and most people are because it's human nature...they register to read. Then they probably regret it.

I'm only sharing my view, giving my free opinion.
To me it looks like when Trump is tweeting, and it encourages others to lose their footing on solid grounds. It goes nowhere positively forward. It's kids stuff with headaches up there.

Top Bottom