• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

VTV Amplifier - Terrible Quality Build and Customer Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrozombie

Forum Donor
Yikes, i had my concerns with these brands with unfamiliar names. Which is why i was going to get a Yamaha Integrated first.

Tks

Major Contributor
I just don't get it. The internals seems like someone trolling. But what is that bottom of the case? All those holes for different configurations? And I thought Apple reusing iPhone 8 components in their latest iPhone SE (2) was pretty disagreeable. This is just on a whole other level. It literally looks like it was shot at from a distance...

Zoomer

OP had his "you get what you pay for" experience and was offered a return/refund on reasonably terms, which he declined.
He shared it all here. Very instructive in more than one way.

He got tons of sympathy and an outstanding offer from March Audio to make things more than right.
A fair amount of damage to VTV's reputation has been done.

And still there's no end to the whinging and whining.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
This is devolving into a very public display of knife twisting by otherwise grown men who should know better.

After all, they are just off-the-shelf, commodity amplifier modules being screwed into cases, all around the world by every man and his dog, with or without a bit of customization. The variations in fit and finish will be enormous and range from the unsafe to perfectly serviceable.

People don't want to pay for an NAD (or someone else that uses Hypex/Purifi in their gear) with production line quality, backup, service and parts, but want to pretend they are getting SOTA performance in a cheap box for way less money.

Sorry, I have zero sympathy. It's nothing more than a kit build done poorly. You (the OP) had the opportunity to remedy the situation with a refund and move on, but wanted to make a scene about it all.

Audiophonics also puts them in cheap boxes for low prices, yet they are up to a certain standard. These issues are pretty simple to fix and should be fixed. It has nothing to do with cheaping out.

AudioJester

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Ok, so reasonable customer service offering a refund. Doesnt change the fact it was a rubbish build!! Why do people ignore that and instead have a go at the OP?? His choice what he does with the amp, he is allowed to point out its flaws and do as he pleases.

OP
E

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A fair amount of damage to VTV's reputation has been done.

And still there's no end to the whinging and whining.
Please cite one example of me indicating a desire for sympathy, or whining about anything. Until then, these sorts of comments are entirely inappropriate. If you can cite even a single example of sympathy seeking or whining of any kind, I’ll happily edit it to fix whatever is creating that impression. If you can’t come up with a concrete example, then you need to take a step back and reflect on who is actually whining here.

Ok, so reasonable customer service offering a refund. Doesnt change the fact it was a rubbish build!! Why do people ignore that and instead have a go at the OP?? His choice what he does with the amp, he is allowed to point out its flaws and do as he pleases.
Exactly. This should not be hard to grasp.

tomtoo

Major Contributor
What i not get is the picture of the mains plug. Couse it's partly desoldert. Would be much better to see it how it was in original.

Have to say at least at the moment i think this pictures show NOT the original status of the mains plug.

It would have been better to show it original.

OP
E

echopraxia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
What i not get is the picture of the mains plug. Couse it's partly desoldert. Would be much better to see it how it was in original.

Have to say at least at the moment i think this pictures show NOT the original status of the mains plug.

It would have been better to show it original.
There was never any soldier fastening the mains plug to the case, if that’s what you mean. I included photos both after the tear down, and before it (see the wiggling mains plug GIF, and photos inside with the case top removed).

I’m happy to clarify more if there’s any other confusion or ambiguity.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I think the points been made , the threads going off in a direction that doesn't serve anyone or any purpose I can see.

For that reason I'm now closing it .

Thanks to OP for bringing this to our attention and thanks to @VTV Amplifier for their response. As always the readership will make their own minds up .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom