• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I once had a tube amp with the filaments glowing and had built the most basic simple class-AB amp in it. people that heard it could hear the 'tube sound'. One of them said he didn't like it at all. When asking why he said he preferred SS over crappy tubes.
Of course these tests were as sighted as can be and 'pushed' them to make sure they believed that tube sound was better.
Only tested about 4 people this way. The amp was an ugly one so trashed it later. No pics.. way too long ago.

Reactions: PSO

MechEngVic

I once had a tube amp with the filaments glowing and had built the most basic simple class-AB amp in it. people that heard it could hear the 'tube sound'. One of them said he didn't like it at all. When asking why he said he preferred SS over crappy tubes.
Of course these tests were as sighted as can be and 'pushed' them to make sure they believed that tube sound was better.
Only tested about 4 people this way. The amp was an ugly one so trashed it later. No pics.. way too long ago.
We are such gullible creatures! Once you experience enough of it, you become the pessimist audiophile... At least we should. Now, I rely on measurements and knowledge for reference and listen for what I like with eyes wide open. I'm not trying to hear how good my system sounds, I dare it to disappoint me!

MMeirolas

Hello guys

I receiver the Topping 30 stack today and wanted to connected to my lsr 305 speakers.

Can i buy twin rca to xlr cables to connect them?

The topping l30 has black and red outputs but the lsr 305 have balanced 1/4 or xlr inputs, without difference in colour... Thats why i am a bit confused.

Thx

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Hello guys

I receiver the Topping 30 stack today and wanted to connected to my lsr 305 speakers.

Can i buy twin rca to xlr cables to connect them?

The topping l30 has black and red outputs but the lsr 305 have balanced 1/4 or xlr inputs, without difference in colour... Thats why i am a bit confused.

Thx
You need RCA to TS 6.35mm (2 in 2 out) cable.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Top Bottom