• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

atsuko

We do. It's the same as plug for China. It's probably due to shortage of the power supply as the demand is really high. I guess the seller rather ship EU supply with adapter than letting you waiting for another week.
Does Topping sell just the power supply? I was looking around but cannot find at all. I'm sorry if this is a little bit off topic.

On the other hand, I just ordered my L30+E30 stack and pretty excited for them to arrive.

zenki

Bought from aliexpress and they supplied a 230v power adaptor.

akura

If it's not addicted to audio, then I would recommend future purchase from them. If it is then there's the big issue.

It wasn't from A2A so hopefully that allays concerns. I don't really want to cause problems for the store otherwise though

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Bought from aliexpress and they supplied a 230v power adaptor.
Just realized you are a different person. Which shop did you buy from? But that's a different case. If it's local distributor that would be a bigger problem.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
It wasn't from A2A so hopefully that allays concerns. I don't really want to cause problems for the store otherwise though
Oh. Ok..... Then it's absolutely fine that you get a EU plug that doesn't work well in AU. Not our problem. We supply AU plug power supplies to AU resellers and customers.

JohnYang1997

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Audio Company
Guys if you are in Australia. Addicted to audio is the only direct distributor in Australia. There are also other valid distributor that are indirect, meaning some of the distributors themselves have distributors to reach to more customers. We can contact them for individual cases but we don't generally have control over those resellers.
Cooperation with A2A was started only recently. But I personally love A2A. I have had great experience in A2A Sydney when I was in Australia. It's an honor to have them selling products I designed.

akura

Oh. Ok..... Then it's absolutely fine that you get a EU plug that doesn't work well in AU. Not our problem. We supply AU plug power supplies to AU resellers and customers.

No worries, seems maybe they are a grey importer I wonder. Maybe something I will chase down when there’s ample stock to order a replacement, it’s not ideal atm but it works fine atm so am happy enough to know there is a correct option available. Thanks!

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Ultimately its it's not the issue of the length. There's nothing an extra power strip can't fix.

I understand that there are ways to overcome the shortcomings of the ac adapter. I think everyone on this forum could figure that out. I was just offering usability feedback since the length seems designed on some ideal placement, rather than a consideration of how many people might have to run cables with their desktop setup.

As for me, a power strip won't work. It would be right where my feet are. I learned at least 15 years ago how that's a bad place to put a power strip. Feet easily forget that a power strip is there. lol

MechEngVic

Without combing through the whole thread, can anyone tell me if there is a US distributor for this amp?

Kouioui

Forum Donor
@JohnYang1997
Can you please put an E30 inside a L30 and make just one definitive device :)
This is just as good -presenting - the world's first Topping EL60. ;) All kidding aside, this is how I plan to use them with my setup and you'd have to look pretty close from the front to tell they weren't just one unit. I could add a strip of electrical tape to hide the seam on top and the 2nd sticker..lol

EL60.jpg

EDIT - I did add some electrical tape to cover the white UPC sticker on the side of the L30 but hiding the seam just looks worse.

Last edited:

Yuno

It's been discussed in A90 thread. It's in the pot itself. There's no better solution yet.
I don't really want to dig through A90 thread too much - if I understand correctly does this mean there is some range where turning knob doesn't actually turn the pot? Doesn't this make small adjustments to volume harder (or in some cases impossible) to do?

ShoKz

@JohnYang1997 do you know if some units of stock have been shipped to EU distributers? More particularly audiophonics? thanks for info

Top Bottom