• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any DIY SET tube amp recommendations?

gvl

Major Contributor
I know, I know. But I'm curious and it sounds like a fun project and I have some efficient Klipsch speakers to pair it with. Any recommendations for a public domain schematic that is worth to spend time and reasonable amount of money on?

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I know, I know. But I'm curious and it sounds like a fun project and I have some efficient Klipsch speakers to pair it with. Any recommendations for a public domain schematic that is worth to spend time and reasonable amount of money on?

Have you looked at the Elekit kits?

Or Bottlehead?

OP
gvl

gvl

Major Contributor
I have, at the former. They look good and perform well it seems but somewhat more $$$ than I want to spend on this. Around $300-400 should be enough for a comparable point to point wiring build with some sacrifices to be made in the look and feel department. Bottlehead is even more expensive, and when I read that you can opt for a $79 power cable it gives me pause.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
I have, at the former. They look good and perform well it seems but somewhat more $$$ than I want to spend on this. Around $300-400 should be enough for a comparable point to point wiring build with some sacrifices to be made in the look and feel department. Bottlehead is even more expensive, and when I read that you can opt for a $79 power cable it gives me pause.

So you just want a schematic, no PCB, and plan to do P2P wiring?

You're far more patient with soldering than me when I last tried it!

OP
gvl

gvl

Major Contributor
Let's just say I'm in no rush ;) But yes, a P2P friendly schematic using obtainable parts is what I'm after.

Top Bottom