• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What film or documentary did you watch last? | Medium: Cinema, DVD, Blu, 3D, 4K, Netflix, ...

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm re-watching a bunch of Miyazaki animations on Netflix. Given the choice yesterday afternoon between Japan Sinks 2020 and Howl's Moving Castle, I chose the latter. I don't feel like watching anything depressing now.
We've been watching the Ghibli ones that we hadn't seen, working through chronologically, so far they have all been good.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
We watched Stanley Kubrick's 1960 Spartacus, starring Kirk Douglas in shorts and sandals. Everybody knows that epic sandal flick about a slave who rebels against the Roman Republic and its corruption.

This time the onscreen moving images were in ultra high def, high dynamic range, expanded color palette, newly replenished 4K. It was as if we were inside the movie ... reliving today's exact same reality. ...Very spooky indeed...sixty years later.

8321166_1-jpg.473149

Over 3 hours went by like a slow virus ...

Last edited:

North_Sky

Major Contributor
The greatest movie of all time ^ right after Gone with the Wind (1939) and The Wizard of Oz (1939). Among them, not in that specific order.

* I was going to buy the set but decided to wait for its single release...next year.
I'm in no rush...this virus will eventually pouf...disappear like magic. Good luck to us.

Grandzoltar

Forum Donor
We watched Stanley Kubrick's 1960 Spartacus, starring Kirk Douglas in shorts and sandals. Everybody knows that epic sandal flick about a slave who rebels against the Roman Republic and its corruption.

This time the onscreen moving images were on ultra high def, high dynamic range, expanded color palette 4K. It was as if we were inside the movie ... reliving today's exact same reality. ...Very spooky indeed.

8321166_1-jpg.473149

Over 3 hours went by like a slow virus ...
The Christopher D Knight adaptation of Spartacus was good. There are 4 seasons. The 2nd season is a prequel. Check it out.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes
The wave. Watched last night and really enjoyed it, great visuals, good story and acting.
Saw it sort of noire movie did me think about Pulpfiction. Last sentence is the best "Karma is a Bitch"

Last edited:

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

On iTunes, but presumably available on all of them.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Every single day that you turn the TV on (for TV people...I'm not), it's packed with stuff out of this world...as if we were inside a sci-fi flick.

Last night just for the kick (it's been a long time that I turned the télé on) I revisited this sci-fi flick, on Blu-ray ...

2010-bluray-specialedition-art.jpg

It's so out of this world that it resembles very close (verisimilitude) to what sci-fi flicks we are bombarded with every single day that we to turn the TV on.

This time the revisit is worth it. Why? Because it brings some points that are very reminiscent of the sci-fi life we are living today in our world of realities.
But here it's the core of the planet that is boiling, instead of the people inside the pandemic.

Instead of talking about it, and even if you have already seen it, and even if you have less than zero interest of seeing it and spending 158 minutes (two and half hours), do it anyway. Because I said so (trust me) and also because like me you are human, intelligent, love entertainment with impact, love life, love a better world with better people in it.

Why did I pick that one in particular? And with rarely turning the TV on nowadays.
I tell you why; why not as I was curious to revisit after stumbling into this article ...
https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/leaving-netflix-september-2020-movies-science-fiction/

So, if you don't have the Blu-ray in your flick collection, and if you subscribe to Netflix, it's what it is. And remember this; even if you have already seen it few times, do it again.

If you want to criticise me for recommending a replay of a flick that you consider total garbage, do it too...unload all the garbage you have on me...I am way more than ready.
For some it would be their immense pleasure; for others who take the time to just let it flow like everyday news flow on their TVs since the beginning of this year (and before and beyond) it might resonates under a new invigorating light. You have absolutely nothing to lose. All the hatred and all the love in life is our own choice and only us.
...What we decide to watch, what we do, where we go, who we like, who we hate, ...life, love and the blues.

Last edited:

North_Sky

Major Contributor
Whoever is going to watch or rewatch '2012' tonight or tomorrow night or before the month's end ... is doomed to a heck of a ride with very high turbulence, shaking emotions, making comparisons, ...brief, the full planet enchilada. ...It's better than the real and unreal and surreal news on TV right now. I promise you that, or I'll refund your time two thousand twenty one fold...the last two digits of 2012 inverted. And, it's not only good for boys, but for wives and families too. ...Everyone from PG-13 to 93. Older than 93 might overcook their breakfast the day after.

We're not talking people cooking here, we're talking planet's core and crust boiling.

Last edited:

Wombat

Master Contributor

Last edited:

FikhuBa

The last documentary (if it is a documentary) was Eastory Youtube channel. "WW2 animated 1944/1945 year"

Wombat

Master Contributor

Wombat

Master Contributor

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

A very well acted film about some really messed up people.

Martin

Nemo

Forum Donor
We started watching this yesterday, and found it both moving and interesting. Crazy working schedules have prevented us for finish it yesterday, but I nevertheless feel comfortable recommending it ;)
Oliver Sacks: His Own Life

Top Bottom