• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Hi, I'm new

Foxxy

Forum Donor
Just a bit about myself: have been into audio for almost 15 years and into objective audio ever since NwAvGuy took me by the collar, shook me and said, "You are a goddamn engineer, use your brain. You are being played!" Ah shit, he was right.
I guess our love for audio simply has the tendency to hand in our brain at the door because music is magical, making music instruments is too, so audio-reproduction is too. Argh.
Well, I'm glad to have found this forum and while I don't have much to give, I'll do what I can to support the cause of objectivity. :D
Always remember: can hear it, doesn't measure? More measurements.

Over the years I had quite a few speakers and amps and went to a ton of showrooms regularly. I think I was already slightly infamous in my city ;)
I have owned a lot of headphones too and all I can say, on average, a 200 buck inear will give you a sound reference that you will yearn for in speakers. Unless you can spend a lot. Or find the rare gem.

I look forward to discussing speakers, the correlation of measured and listened and doing some math with you guys. Cya around :)

Blur

Forum Donor
Nice to have you on the Forums.

'Tusk'

NwAvGuy is my hero tooo

Heard he is actually Amir in real life. He proved that expensive audio quipment is a scam and so too is all those reviewers on head fi

Top Bottom