• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Peter Green passed away (co-founder of Fleetwood Mac)

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

North_Sky

Major Contributor
R.I.P. Peter

Fleetwood Mac is high caliber music band we grew up with; I certainly did.
Time to spin some ...

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor
I preferred Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac (blues based) but certainly understand the popularity of the more commercially successful later version of Fleetwood Mac.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
73 is young ... some of us will be there shortly, others have already passed it.
Live live intensively to the full peace impact, with music.

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor
OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor

Burning Sounds

I am having a Peter Green festival this evening from John Mayall’s Bluesbreakers via Fleetwood Mac to the Splinter group.
Haven’t played this many LPs for a while!

Yep, spinning Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac and The Splinter Group at full watts tonight. The Supernatural on Live at Ronnie Scott's is beautiful. Wonderful guitarist and songwriter.

Ron Party

CPH (Chief Prog Head)
I preferred Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac (blues based) but certainly understand the popularity of the more commercially successful later version of Fleetwood Mac.

Me too. In some ways I wish they would have renamed the band. Same thing with one of my all time favorites: Genesis with Peter Gabriel through 75 vs. Genesis in the 80s and 90s.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Me too. In some ways I wish they would have renamed the band. Same thing with one of my all time favorites: Genesis with Peter Gabriel through 75 vs. Genesis in the 80s and 90s.

To be fair , when the bandname is a combo of the names of the 2 dudes that carried on, renaming makes no sense. But yes, its not the same band, for sure.

OP
Canuck57

Canuck57

Forum Donor

I'm with you on Genesis too! Genesis with Peter Gabriel was much better. Same with the Mick Taylor era of the Stones.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I loved the Green version of FM. Never cared for what came after.

The standing joke at our house is that Green was one of the two best Jewish guitarists in the Bluesbreakers.

Top Bottom