• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Are there any Wharfedale speakers in the review pipeline? I've got a pair of Diamond 10.1s that I just dug out and hooked up to my bedroom system and I am thoroughly enjoying them. I'm curious how they stack up to some of these other speakers.

BN1

How about the Chane A2.4 ?

Edit - see that they have already been mentioned.

ttimer

I'd be very interested in seeing the XTZ spirit s 4 tested as well. XTZ' showroom is almost next to me, but I can't find any reviews of them that seem trustworthy - so I haven't actually bought any speakers from them over the years.

They certainly could be very good, the ingredients look promising. Claimed flat on axis response, waveguide, solid cabinet. No audiophilie nonsense on the website and they even encourage you to measure response in your room and EQ accordingly. Now they only need to nail the hard part, implementation.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
How about Behringer 2031A, JBL 308P and Tannoy GOLD 8 ?
308p is here to be tested. And a Behringer although the model escapes me. Tannoy is too expensive for my budget.

Cahudson42

Major Contributor
R263? Maybe next time it's on sale for $199? Really curious if the three way has less distortion than the R162...

Great on the recent expansion of distortion measured in the latest test!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
R263? Maybe next time it's on sale for $199? Really curious if the three way has less distortion than the R162...
I have a 253 already. Let me test that before I buy more. :)

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Are there any Wharfedale speakers in the review pipeline? I've got a pair of Diamond 10.1s that I just dug out and hooked up to my bedroom system and I am thoroughly enjoying them. I'm curious how they stack up to some of these other speakers.
Stereophile measured one of the Diamond models (the 200 I think; and I think the XXX labeled models came before the XX.X labeled models).

Eetu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Stereophile measured one of the Diamond models (the 200 I think; and I think the XXX labeled models came before the XX.X labeled models).
Stereophile has measured lots of Wharfedale Diamonds:

Wharfedale Diamond 10.1

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Wharfedale Diamond 10.7

Wharfedale Diamond 11.2

Wharfedale Diamond 225

Most of them seem to offer pretty good performance for the price.

posvibes

Personally although I think it impossible I would like to see some of those classic speakers of yesteryear on whose shoulders the present was built upon to ascertain if speaker design was solved 50 years ago.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A Dali would be a great addition to the measurement database. Arendal and XTZ as well. Especially Arendal is making lots of noise in the EU. Their subs look yummy
Some measurements of Arendal by others don’t look quite as good as their posted measurements, so it would indeed be a good choice (not super cheap though).

What I noticed that I do not like is that they don't show the actual horizontal measurements for their centers, they show the performance if you stood them upright like their MTM speakers.

rfeng

How about Germany speakers like Canton or Magnat floor standing available on amazon.de?
Magnat QUANTUM 757 - €476.67 - 24.8 Kg
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00940UVJ2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1
1594966778398.png
Canton Chrono 509.2 - €341.17 - 21 Kg

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00426HV6O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1
1594966738589.png

Top Bottom