• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Photos of rooms with acoustic treatment products

tuga

Major Contributor
Am I crazy or are most of the pictures on page 1 renditions?

If you mean 3D renderings (CGI) then no, I don't think that there's a single rendering.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
If you mean 3D renderings (CGI) then no, I don't think that there's a single rendering.

Well, I have a hard time finding real pictures between those. look at the textures and lighting. I mean, you can probably photoshop real pictures to look like this, but why would you do this?

dasdoing

Major Contributor
Everything is fake nowadays even humans with their fake lips, fake eyelashes, fake nails and breasts and bums, dyed hair, fake tan...it's not just images that are fake or manipulated.

PiKIpph.jpg

eWQqudN.jpg

wow, she looks so much better in the before.

but the room renderings actualy have a porpouse. showing your client what you will do in the real room. here is the source of some of those from page 1 https://www.mbakustik.de/en/projekt/dynaudio/

look at the texture of the wood at the speaker at the right in this one. also the lighting of the left person is totaly diferent from the background: https://www.mbakustik.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DYN_04_HD.jpg

tuga

Major Contributor
wow, she looks so much better in the before.

but the room renderings actualy have a porpouse. showing your client what you will do in the real room. here is the source of some of those from page 1 https://www.mbakustik.de/en/projekt/dynaudio/

look at the texture of the wood at the speaker at the right in this one. also the lighting of the left person is totaly diferent from the background: https://www.mbakustik.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/DYN_04_HD.jpg

Of course it does (I'm an achitect by the way).

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I found this interesting.

Rather than try to absorb or diffuse 1st reflections off the side wall, they are instead blocking.

View attachment 66209

I like the decor: I find it inviting.
I don't understand what you mean though. Those panels simply replace the walls.. Reflections will be off those panels. They are not "blocked".

Music1969

Major Contributor
I like the decor: I find it inviting.
I don't understand what you mean though. Those panels simply replace the walls.. Reflections will be off those panels. They are not "blocked".

Hi, what I meant is one could angle free-standing panels in such a way that you do block the 1st reflection off the side wall that is behind the standing panel.

I don't think this is happening in this particular photo but I just imagined a concept.

So it would block side wall 1st reflections and deflect it's own 1st reflections (assuming angled correctly) from the main listening position.

dasdoing

Major Contributor
Hi, what I meant is one could angle free-standing panels in such a way that you do block the 1st reflection off the side wall that is behind the standing panel.

I don't think this is happening in this particular photo but I just imagined a concept.

So it would block side wall 1st reflections and deflect it's own 1st reflections (assuming angled correctly) from the main listening position.
the drawing is a little strange since the left panels seam angled dierent from the right one, but you are probably right about the concept https://www.mbakustik.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Hifi06.jpg

hege

Forum Donor
In total about 500€ worth of polyester wool (similar to Caruso Isobond) panels/pipes, in corners some heavy 42cm mineral wool pipes (plastic wrapped for safety of course, covered with felt lining).

More damped, the better, it's awesome. :p

1237a.jpg

FeddyLost

Addicted to Fun and Learning
In total about 500€ worth of polyester wool (similar to Caruso Isobond) panels/pipes, in corners some heavy 42cm mineral wool pipes (plastic wrapped for safety of course, covered with felt lining).
Could you clarify exact materials?
I've checked polyester wool, it's usually flammable and not cheap at all. Special acoustic (not clothes lining/mattress filling) are only by order.
So, I still on unhealthy rockwool side.

hege

Forum Donor
Could you clarify exact materials?
I've checked polyester wool, it's usually flammable and not cheap at all. Special acoustic (not clothes lining/mattress filling) are only by order.
So, I still on unhealthy rockwool side.

It's Finnish only manufacturer (Ewonawool), recycled polyester fiber. For all purposes intended, it's the same stuff as previously mentioned Caruso Isobond, also for the price. But especially the pipe insulation is commonly found cheap as builder leftovers, I got a large haul for peanuts.

Dunno what you refer to with flammable, most of the stuff at home is flammable. These are building insulation panels, I've even tried flaming it, it just pretty much melts and doesn't flash burn.

tuga

Major Contributor
Wear a mask just in case. :p

Harmonie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It's Finnish only manufacturer (Ewonawool), recycled polyester fiber. For all purposes intended, it's the same stuff as previously mentioned Caruso Isobond, also for the price. But especially the pipe insulation is commonly found cheap as builder leftovers, I got a large haul for peanuts.

Dunno what you refer to with flammable, most of the stuff at home is flammable. These are building insulation panels, I've even tried flaming it, it just pretty much melts and doesn't flash burn.
Ewona uses FR pet fibers, (Flame retardant polyester fibers).
Usually theaters and public areas are obliged to have flame retardant material and it's regulated with standards.

youngho

I had also noticed the ceiling in the interrogation room in the television show Legion and wondered if it was also inspired by primitive root diffusers:

1602674876622.png

Top Bottom