• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Artists You Have Discovered Lately

Very cool thread. There is a lot of good stuff here to listen to and explore. The love and appreciation for music and sound quality is what keeps me coming back to this forum.

I’ll throw my hat into the ring here with a few that I have recently discovered:

Tunng - Songs You Make at Night

Fruit Bats - Gold Past Life (Saw these guys live back in September 2019, excellent show!)

Destroyer - Have We Met

lennard

The Replacements, and their song Alex Chilton, eventually led me to Big Star. Great band with three great, great records.

richard12511

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For folks who like jazz. But also metal. But also everything... this is absolutely my favorite band of the moment.

Thank You Scientist - "FXMLDR":

Or for anyone who is a drum corps enthusiast too, this version is preferable:

Gosh I love this stuff.
Wow. Just started their new album. In the second song, and so far it’s like Jazz meets Metallica meets Michael Jackson? Love it

PingWine

Best mastered/most pleasant to listen to rock I have ever listened to. Even my DT990 can't make this song sound too sibliant.

Joaquin Dinero

Forum Donor
I just heard Rhiannon Giddens for the first time today. I caught a live set on the Sirius Real Jazz Channel.

Wow is she impressive. I wouldn't describe her music as jazz, exactly, more like cross-cultural folk. She plays banjo and fiddle but also studied opera singing at Oberlin Conservatory so she has some legit musical chops. She wove this whole narrative about minstrel shows and how they appropriated elements of black culture (such as the banjo) in between tunes. Then she sang a song in a regional dialect from Southern Italy because why not ?

Anyway check her out if you like banjo and / or operatic singing with a side of learning.

odyo

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Noisia... If you wanna test your headphones bass capabilities check him out.

Noisia - Farrda, Tidal

If this put a smile on your face right at the beginning your system have good and deep sub bass production.

Marklarian

Twiddle - One of my fav jam bands that kept me sane through the summer of covid. We would set up outside and stream their concerts. A friend even brought the electric robot fan - yes he has one.

Paul.

Top Bottom