• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping E30 DAC Review

Tup3x

Hmhhhhmmmm... I'd really like to buy one but one the other hand I'd like DAC & amp combo. I wonder if Topping has plans for DX4 Pro or something that would basically be E30 and L30 in one box. That would be very convenient.

tankas

Hey guys, I'm on page 30 of this thread, trying to read through.
Any ideas if there would be noticeable improvement in sound quality if upgraded from Grace SDAC? (Other components of the system JDS Atom & AKG K712 Pro).
Thanks

mcdonalk

I have searched all posts on this thread for "DSD" in order to determine whether this unit as currently shipped can handle DSD64, and I have not been able to make that determination. If I ordered an E30 today, would it be able to effectively play DSD64 streams?

NgxHS7

I have searched all posts on this thread for "DSD" in order to determine whether this unit as currently shipped can handle DSD64, and I have not been able to make that determination. If I ordered an E30 today, would it be able to effectively play DSD64 streams?

USB sampling rate:
  • PCM: 44.1kHz – 768kHz / 16bit – 32bit
  • Native DSD: DSD64 – DSD512
  • DoP DSD: DSD64 – DSD256

N

nhatlam96

this guy describes the topping e30 as more spacious sounding and better clarity than the d50s... any thoughts.?
from 7:40 to 9:00

JR4321

this guy describes the topping e30 as more spacious sounding and better clarity than the d50s... any thoughts.?
from 7:40 to 9:00

1589419247426.png

Toku

Major Contributor
The E30 that is currently on the market has improved firmware, and I don't think there is a problem with DSD64.

mykeldg

ok after an hour of listening, I think almost all modern DS dacs sound the same subjectively. E30 is clean and sounds almost indistinguishable to the d50s especially if not meticulously ABing --- great value indeed -- that's all I can say. I still prefer the lame-measuring modi multibit by a large margin on subjective music listening though.

aabman

The E30 that is currently on the market has improved firmware, and I don't think there is a problem with DSD64.
I went through my DSD64 files to E30 without any problem, and it sounds well.

multimike

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, but was following already for quite a while. This forum and thread helped a lot with my decision to buy the E30, which I received a couple of weeks ago
I am quite happy with it so far, but there's one little problem which is a bit annoying.
Sometimes there is no audio output, after E30 turned itself on after standby. It's showing the correct input channel, no error displayed, but no output. Only when I switch the E30 off and on again via the remote, sound will play. I have installed the device driver as well as updated to the latest firmware, but the problem also was happening already before.
I am using Windows 10 and the E30 is connected by USB.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem?

JRM_PT

If one order now through Audiophonics.fr it will arrive in Europe in 15 to 25 days, so most likely it will be new production units, with the firmware problema solved.

AndyLu

Forum Donor
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, but was following already for quite a while. This forum and thread helped a lot with my decision to buy the E30, which I received a couple of weeks ago
I am quite happy with it so far, but there's one little problem which is a bit annoying.
Sometimes there is no audio output, after E30 turned itself on after standby. It's showing the correct input channel, no error displayed, but no output. Only when I switch the E30 off and on again via the remote, sound will play. I have installed the device driver as well as updated to the latest firmware, but the problem also was happening already before.
I am using Windows 10 and the E30 is connected by USB.

Has anyone else experienced such a problem?

I can't say I have experienced that problem with the E30. I have had this in the past on a laptop with a Pro-ject DAC though. It turned out is wasn't the DACS fault ;), but the Windows settings.

There is the possibility that in your Windows settings the USB devices are suspended when they are not used for a period of time.

In Windows do the following:

Tip 1.
Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power options
Click High Performance
Next, click Change Plan Settings
Ensure both power options are set to Never

2. Make sure your PC doesn’t suspend your USB devices
You don’t want your USB keyboard/drives/soundcards being disabled if you leave your computer for too long.
While on the Power Options screen (see tip 1)

Click 'Change advanced power settings';
Click the + button next to USB Settings
Click the + next to USB Selective suspend settings
Double click Enabled > click Disabled
Apply > OK

See the screenshots below:

1589472020919.png

1589472873795.png

There is a possibility this is the cause of your problem.

Attachments

• 1589471538481.png
    1589471538481.png
    155.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 1589472209757.png
    1589472209757.png
    156.3 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Top Bottom