• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

IOTAVX SA3 Integrated Amplifier

SunnyRehde

Forum Donor
Send it to Amir so the test can occur. Coordinate with him a time-frame so he can perform the test. From previous indications, he has a 4-week backlog on reviews.
I'm located in the EU, so I won't ship any of my devices to amir. But that's not the point. He's going to measure the SA3 in a couple of days and that's what I'm waiting for. I don't think that the measurements of the PA3 will differ significantly.

Reactions: wje
OP
wje

wje

Forum Donor
I may be a little confused . I watched the very end of Tee Jay’s part one of the Iota Stack on how to connect. To me it appears that both the SA3 and the PA3 have the same interconnects and both will be in bridge mode. The only difference I see between the SA3 and the PA3 is that the SA3 has the pre amp section in the same enclosure which may allow some noise or performance disadvantage to the PA3.

It’s all the way towards the end of the video.

I did check that section of the video for clarity on how the connections should occur. Before making any judgments on the combo, it would be great to see Amir run through his series of tests with both components. Maybe, the channels would have slightly different readings?

Rifmon

Forum Donor
I bet you're right. All reviewers commented that when adding the PA3 to the SA3, the sound changes.....for the better.

If someone has the PA3 to donate to the cause, good! But I would't want the review delayed for it. If the SA3 passes I'll assume the PA3 would be better. (right or wrong)

OP
wje

wje

Forum Donor
I bet you're right. All reviewers commented that when adding the PA3 to the SA3, the sound changes.....for the better.

If someone has the PA3 to donate to the cause, good! But I would't want the review delayed for it. If the SA3 passes I'll assume the PA3 would be better. (right or wrong)

Well, that's because of the increased power. But, what I'm trying to get at, is using the combo in such a manner, might shed some light on channel balance, voltage output for each channel, etc. if it the combo were tested by Amir. I don't have any plans to buy the PA3, so we'll just wait until the SA3 is tested, then once returned to me, I'll use it as a preamplifier with a separate power amplifier for both channels.

Roymccarthy

I have the IOTAVX PA3/SA3 stack that powers my Klipsch Forte II speakers. I was considering the Yahama S/A-801. But decided I’d try something different. After two months I am pleased with my purchase. The Bluetooth work great and it’s really easy to operate with a good remote. I’m not a “audiophile” but I like listening to good music and it does a good job for a two channel system.

tntafoulis

Happy owner of the combo! Unfortunately in Europe so I could not send PA3 to Amir! Waiting also for the review! So far the combo is very satisfying to my ears and the pairing with my wharfedales is really good! PA3 tightened the bass a bit and made the music a bit more strict and punctual! Overall really nice with my speakers and room of course...

3293C002-687E-449F-9550-E222AAA59A1C.jpeg

Last edited:

Roymccarthy

I have the IOTAVX PA3/SA3 stack that powers my Klipsch Forte II speakers. I was considering the Yahama S/A-801. But decided I’d try something different. After two months I am pleased with my purchase. The Bluetooth work great and it’s really easy to operate with a good remote. I’m not a “audiophile” but I like listening to good music and it does a good job for a two channel system.

lotoboy

I love the IOTAVX SA3 because beside its tone, it provides many features that allow my playing around with different setups. If I were you, I'd ask Amir to test 1) Pre-amp 2)Integrated Amp 3)Mono mode (to have an idea about the performance of the SA3/PA3 combo) and the DAC (Wolfson) if he has time.

Rifmon

Forum Donor
Looking forward to the review. Nice that all aspects of the features will be addressed.
I looked at the pdf manual and it states that it’s made in-house. I guess that means these units where made in the UK? Can anyone confirm this? Looking at pics nowhere on the unit does it state “Made in.....”

lotoboy

It's designed in house but is Made in China. You can't get all the good stuff for the £399 price if it's made in Europe.

Rifmon

Forum Donor
That’s what I thought. Just couldn’t find it but that makes sense for the low cost

Rifmon

Forum Donor
Not to belabor the point but this is the only documentation as to where these units are made. It’s in the very first sentence in the attachment below. Is it just an assumption based on the low cost that it’s made in China?

I know in the US, products show the product’ s origin of manufacture but maybe it’s not required in England.

Attachments

• C0901915-E512-4CEF-83BC-A736277464A9.jpeg
    C0901915-E512-4CEF-83BC-A736277464A9.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 222

SunnyRehde

Forum Donor
They are made in China. Rumors in hifi-forums say, that Iotavx (like Emotiva) gets most of the manufacturing done by chinese OEM company Tonewinner.

Rifmon

Forum Donor
My guess is you’re right. Just seems a little misleading that the only hint of origin states In-House. To me that implies In England.
Not that it ultimately matters. Good quality is good quality.

lotoboy

Just a word of advice. They are a startup company with a small inventory. The SA3 tends to be sold out after a positive review. If Amir's measurements are good and you want it right away, you better put in an order quickly. Due to current problems in China, rising cost of air freight, IOTAVX likely uses sea/ocean freight transport from China to England to save cost, the next batch of equipment won't arrive for months.
I put in my order mid November and didn't receive it until end of January due to IOTAVX's part supplier problem and sea freight from China.
Their communication regarding the delays was terrible because the owner, Ian, deals with everything, and he was overwhelmed with orders and problems. Hopefully, it gets better now.

OP
wje

wje

Forum Donor
Just a word of advice. They are a startup company with a small inventory. The SA3 tends to be sold out after a positive review. If Amir's measurements are good and you want it right away, you better put in an order quickly. Due to current problems in China, rising cost of air freight, IOTAVX likely uses sea/ocean freight transport from China to England to save cost, the next batch of equipment won't arrive for months.
I put in my order mid November and didn't receive it until end of January due to IOTAVX's part supplier problem and sea freight from China.
Their communication regarding the delays was terrible because the owner, Ian, deals with everything, and he was overwhelmed with orders and problems. Hopefully, it gets better now.

Yes, that's true and the scenario is highly likely. Glad I have my name on one. Once it gets into the UK warehouse, things go pretty fast. DHL is OK with getting the package to the U.S. pretty quickly. But, in my case, they handed the shipment over to the USPS for the final leg of the delivery to get the SA3 to Amir. If the reviews are excellent, I'm sure I'll most likely still utilize it as a preamplifier and give the Wolfson DAC a try too. I want to keep my MiniDSP in the picture to incorporate both of my subs as well as my Crown amplifier, which has more than enough juice.

Rifmon

Forum Donor
I was thinking the same thing. I'm glued to this pending review. My biggest concern however, is how busy Ian really is. I live in PA and I'm concerned about any possible service these amps may need. But that is the risk one takes with a start-up company. I know Ian spent a lot of time developing these units but how universal are parts and technology? If I knew the amps and pre amps could be serviced here rather than shipping back to England, I'd feel more confident.

gfx_1

From the manual it appears that the sub-out has a low-pass filter but no indication of what frequency it is or whether it is adjustable. Any ideas on this?
Did a quick test with audacity by ear and 400 Hz is on a lower volume 500Hz certainly is, it won't get in the way of the subwoofers own adjustments.

Top Bottom