• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Controlling remotely tidal playing in smartphone?

Oukkidoukki

Is it really so that this is still not working? My android phone is connected via usb to dac (su-8). Working fine. I
wanna keep cable short , so phone sits beside dac. I am on sofa. How do I change songs? Can i remotely do it with ipad? Come on tidal.....Is this working in amazon audio app or in some else? I dont wanna use desktop pc for tidal cause there is noise in fans. Thank you.

mirceat

A possible solution would be to set up a local UPnP/DLNA renderer on the Android device, using BubbleUPnP or NeutronMP. Then running Tidal on iPad, I'm assuming there is a casting option towards the renderer. I don't have any experience with iPad/iPhone, therefore it's up to you to find the right setup.

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

Thank you....sounds complicated..........this should be easy at this tech age.......spottify change song in other device if done in other device........tidal please....

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Use Roon. Set your iPad as the roon endpoint while you have your PC/mac somewhere else as the Core and your Android phone as the remote. Not sure if Android phone can be a Roon Endpoint while iOS can.

Or follow mirceat, use a UPnP/DLNA renderer on your Android then cast Tidal from your iPad (not sure if Tidal for iOS only supports Airplay and not UPnP/DLNA with the Android version)

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

Pc is in the same room with loud fans so i cant keep it open, so i guess roon is out. I wrote to neutron mp forum ....asked if this scenario is possible....lets see if they answer

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
OP
O

Oukkidoukki

APESBRAIN!! Thank you so much! It worked! This is like using bluetooth to dac.....except the quality is better because phone is connected via usb.......thank you, thank you, thank you........and also to others who tried to help.....may the force be with you!

Sincerely,

Atte

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

Moving the android phones screen in ipad is llittle slow and I was able to freeze the phones screen......so must be gentle and careful.......its not actually as bulletproof as toilet but gotta go with that......thanks!

mirceat

Chromecast Audio would be a no-brainer solution.
I'm currently streaming Tidal like this Android/Tidal -> CCA -> Topping DX3 Pro -> Genelec G Two.

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

Okey......with chromecast there is still audio data sending over the wifi..........I red its clearly better than bluetooth which is great...........however I have understood that physical usb connection is the best so I try to make this work......have to check rasperry pi

Soundstage

My advice: Spotify does what you need.
I don’t know why do the others don’t...

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

Sounstage....yes....i know.......I dont get it. I used spottify, Changed to tidal cause I wanted try this hifi thing..god damn tidal.....fix it.

OP
O

Oukkidoukki

Okey...so i was able to get my hands on old apple tv with optical out.........now I can stream from ipad and its pretty smooth operation.......I guess connection is little better than bluetooth.........what comes to sound its tad more wooly compared to that usb solution.............better dynamics, focus In usb.......lets see

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Okey...so i was able to get my hands on old apple tv with optical out.........now I can stream from ipad and its pretty smooth operation.......I guess connection is little better than bluetooth.........what comes to sound its tad more wooly compared to that usb solution.............better dynamics, focus In usb.......lets see

You need to prove that statement with a recorded DBT volume matched test with 19/20 correct choice? Otherwise, the psychoacoustics of seeing a USB input to your DAC simply makes your consciousness feel more at ease. Whatever makes you feel at ease is probably what you should pursue as switching inputs from USB to optical to coax or even AES/EBU should have no audible difference (unless proven by an official DBT volume matched test).

BTW, I also stream Qobuz (can also use tidal) via usb with my fanless laptop (Surface pro 2017 model). Zero lag whatsoever since the iPod just acts purely as a remote

76AB7623-6586-4D79-BC4D-46318CAEEB26.png

Last edited:
OP
O

Oukkidoukki

I dont know if there is anything to prove.......I guess it is pretty universally agreed that usb is better than wireless connection so far (wifi or bluetooth).....so thats that then and your tests....

Top Bottom