• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Who's on Lock Down or Working from Home because of you know what?

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So who'll be home during their work hours by employers direction? If you are self isolating, Get Well Soon and Best Wishes.

My wife will be tomorrow and I think it's only a matter of time till I join her. Her employer all but shut down her office. Mine will also most likely eventually.

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Not me nor any family members unless they have a fever, are caughing or sneezing.
None of which is the case so a normal day tomorrow.

OP
VMAT4

VMAT4

Forum Donor
Not me nor any family members unless they have a fever, are caughing or sneezing.
None of which is the case so a normal day tomorrow.

Apparently, I need to edit my post. I hope no one contracts Covid-19. I was interested in healthy folks doing the work from home by employer's direction. But, I'm glad to hear all are healthy on your end. My 88 year old parents aren't taking this too seriously yet.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Unfortunately, my job cannot be done at home. And since the panic has not seemed to have reached significant levels here, my drive to and from work is just as crowded and onerous as ever.

Daverz

Major Contributor
03cf06214380691c0dfe162bd864a8b70051f61f649b7df7e681e3236684cf4d.png

Veri

Master Contributor
Belgian. I have to work from home for at least 2 to 3 weeks. I work in IT so it's possible. Since I'm more productive at the office I'm not looking forward to it though :p

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My company is moving to a 1/3 of employees in the office on rotation from tomorrow. That doesn't apply to me yet as all of IT have been asked to be around for the first few days whilst the business adjusts to home working and the infrastructure is stressed tested.

Bhh

Forum Donor
My wife works for J&J and Thursday was the last office day for all non medically necessary personnel, of which there are quite a few, in tri-state area. I own my own small business and are following their lead since they have more inside knowledge of the situation than I do.

Fortunately we can both work from home as can my employees. Out of an abundance of caution, we setup a VPN last week just-in-case and I’m glad we did. We also told employees they are free to take their computer and/or monitors home as well. Things began unraveling pretty quickly last week in NYC and the day to day changes between Tues-Thursday was shocking.

Last edited:

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We are closing the office, everyone will be working from home for the next two weeks. Not a big deal, as everyone is used to working from home a day or two a week under normal conditions. My daughter’s company completely halted all work for two weeks.

Asylum Seeker

I am happily unemployed and free to roam as a please. Have a lovely week.

mansr

Major Contributor
Apparently, I need to edit my post. I hope no one contracts Covid-19. I was interested in healthy folks doing the work from home by employer's direction. But, I'm glad to hear all are healthy on your end. My 88 year old parents aren't taking this too seriously yet.
I'm not sure, but it's possible I've caught it. Staying home until whatever it is passes. I work from home anyway, so there's not much change.

tecnogadget

Me and my couple are both in self-lock down since Thursday/Wednesday.
Its not as much fear of the virus itself, its to help health services and avoid a collapse.
People all over the wold who jokes about this should start understanding.

Since Friday we are under a constitutional State of Emergency...our freedom of movement is limited to only shopping for food, taking dog for a walk and a few other exceptions.
Spain.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This raises the question what a lot of businesses, particularly those carrying debt, are going to do over the coming weeks or months.

Lose revenue and grow debt, I assume. My daughter is an anchor in a daily sports-related TV broadcast. Since not much is going on in sports and not much news to cover, they’ll be showing reruns of previously taped shows.

Neddy

I've been 'not' working from home since I retired, but hear similar to the above from my former IT co-workers - ramp systems up, run load tests, go home. Here we are still in the very early 'growth' stages (26 cases in the state as of yesterday, 1 recovered, hundreds tested and cleared) - very curious to see how the infection numbers grow.
Also curious to find out if Medicare covers hospitalization if one does require it....willing to bet that's not covered by the billions soon to be allocated....EDIT: Yes, it does.
https://www.medicare.gov/medicare-coronavirus
"Medicare covers all medically necessary hospitalizations. "
Best wishes to all in locations farther up the curve.

Last edited:

Prana Ferox

We've been 100% WFH for the vast majority of the company for about a week now. For those of us that have to go in and touch things (includes me), we've split the team and are taking turns.

Top Bottom