• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Show Alkmaar Saturday 29th of February an Sunday the 1st of March

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Saturday 29th of February an Sunday the 1st of March the Audio Show Alkmaar will be hosted again for the 12th time.

Probably for Dutch ASR members (others are also welcome) an opportunity entrance is free. It's maybe an idea to meet each other an exchange ideas and experiences. So feel free to leave a message here on this thread or PM each other.

https://www.audioshowalkmaar.nl/
an impression:

Last edited:

martin900

Alkmaar is a nice show, way less crowded than X-Fi. Bit of a shame audio and hi-fi seems to keep losing interest, most of the visitors on all shows are 60+ geriatrics.

Koeitje

Major Contributor
Alkmaar is a nice show, way less crowded than X-Fi. Bit of a shame audio and hi-fi seems to keep losing interest, most of the visitors on all shows are 60+ geriatrics.
Just look at the cables and other snakeoil in that video. You can't convince the youth that has any effect anymore, too much knowledge is available.

Tks

Major Contributor
Seems like a place I should go for interior design advice ;P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also..

3:10

It looks like we have fans of our approach here. We should see if Advance Acoustic really mean what they say when they say "enjoy the science" and put a product of theirs' to the test.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dont worry, trade shows in general are disappearing. There's simply no need anymore with the advent of the internet being everywhere now. Press releases, and updates on Twitter (with links to reviews) of the latest products has more penetration than these shows ever could have.

OP
Snarfie

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Main reasons i probably will visit is that Omniwave Will (probably) attend. This is quite a speaker system. Bloomline.com

Zoomer

Omniwave ... This is quite a speaker system. Bloomline.com

3D audio without a ‘sweet spot’
That's quite a promise, if not taken too literally ;).

OP
Snarfie

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Itvis
3D audio without a ‘sweet spot’
That's quite a promise, if not taken too literally ;).
It is stille not sure they Will attend but if worthwhile to visit.

Last edited:

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I would have loved to attent but unfortunately my weekend is already fully 'booked' with important stuff that cannot be postponed.

OP
Snarfie

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Did visit yesterday the Alkmaar audio venue. Probably because of bad acoustics (almost in every room) those systems sounded more or less the same basically no depth or imaging cost where relative (extreem) high. There was snake oil all over the place. There where 2 exceptions that caught my attention Isoacoustic an Lyngdorf. There was a noticeable difference between the 2 set of speakers with an without pads however I did found the difference not spectacular but that could be because of lots of secondary sound around me. Lyngdorf room acoustics solutions. Lows an placement/imaging where noticeable better (comparable with mine Mathaudio Room EQ) than the bypass sound despite measurements where done early in the morning without attendees.

IMO this/these shows did not catching up with latest development in High-End development. Questions like i have a Topping D10 which measures and sound quite good an cost only 80,- euro compared to ... or how are you thinking of the latest Class D amplifiers as the Dutch brand Hypex (think 40% of amplifiers where Tubes like McIntosh and the other 60% integrated or mono blocks like Krell Mark Levinson etc. etc.) where mostly answered with their subjective fact(s) that measurements don't tell the whole story an for most (as an advice) enjoy your listening (with other words don't be critical) than you are done with all (independent) info measurements availeble on the internet:facepalm:.

Last edited:

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
So Omniwave was uninteresting?

OP
Snarfie

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Too bad.

That driver arrangement really reminds me of Linkwitz's minis.

Top Bottom