• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR Logo

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Do you have it as a vector file? The text at the top also is not high res, gets blurry when zoomed in.
I have it in png, eps and pdf. Here is the PNG:
Icon by itself.png

Isn't that beautiful? I think so! :)

Wombat

Master Contributor
I guess some of you want an animated GIF logo. Gears turning, lightning flashes all around. Something tasteful like that?

Yeah. An animated Klippelised version of this:

Logo-2.png
uhmmmm - Copy.gif

Wombat

Master Contributor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The stem on the green leaf on the upper right overlaps the orange. This isn’t consistent with the other similar intersections.

This is my important first post. :rolleyes:
That could be cleaned up in GIMP in little time.

OP
S

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What's wrong with it?
It just seems, if I may say, passe. Sure the mechanical gears can be interpreted as a precise science-y theme but does not jive well with the content on this site. I suppose some audio components can be considered mechanical devices - drivers, turntables and the like. However, this does not capture the spirit entirely. Needs a more electro-mechanical bend.

In the spirit of this subforum (Fun topics), may I recommend a variation of my below creation?

The note represents music - Audio.

The scope is obviously Science.

The headless panther represents Review.

I patiently await my royalty fees - I got Paypal too, you know?

Seriously though, the ownership should consider a membership contest for new logo design. The prize can be one of countless headless panther products Amir is hoarding (with printed measurements to accompany, of course).

1582687529024.png

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It just seems, if I may say, passe. Sure the mechanical gears can be interpreted as a precise science-y theme but does not jive well with the content on this site. I suppose some audio components can be considered mechanical devices - drivers, turntables and the like. However, this does not capture the spirit entirely. Needs a more electro-mechanical bend.

In the spirit of this subforum (Fun topics), may I recommend a variation of my below creation?

The note represents music - Audio.

The scope is obviously Science.

The headless panther represents Review.

I patiently await my royalty fees - I got Paypal too, you know?

Seriously though, the ownership should consider a membership contest for new logo design. The prize can be one of countless headless panther products Amir is hoarding (with printed measurements to accompany, of course).

View attachment 51751
Needs work. At first glance the microscope looks like some sort of cannon that shot the head and arm off the panther. The musical note just looks out of place.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
https://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/06/12-essential-rules-to-follow-when-designing-a-logo/

I think the current logo pretty well follows these guidelines. I've made a couple logos that are in use. And keeping it simple is really important. Otherwise it needs to be unique and noticeable. It will get associated with your product, group or whatever via repetition. So usually symbology isn't that important. You'll have all sorts of ideas and most are just too complex and have a busy appearance.

These are all very simple and easily recognized.
1582688880237.png

These cluttered designs don't work too well.
1582688907413.png

Dimitri

I think the logo is <whatever I think it is> and discussing it amounts to telling your firend you don't like his wife's hairstyle.

Logo, Motto, mission statement, social responsibility page. next we'll need a board of advisors, a member committee, bible quotes, inspiration quote of the day and maybe a monthly newsletter and who knows what else?

Eeeeek!!

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Inspirational quote of the day (shouldn't have mentioned it Dimitri :) )
"Don't pay $5000 for an Emotiva anything."

And yeah, the logo is fine. Don't mess with it or complicate it. The colors were especially well chosen.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
When I started the forum, I went to an online service and bought that logo. It has gears in it, indicate something mechanical/precise. And I liked the colors. :)

It looks like a Harvard emblem from a private tribe living in the forest and hunting with arrows. I like it too very much...it has high distinguished class. .... Private class for the public scientific sector, nothing else like it...unique and general @ the same time.

North_Sky

Major Contributor
I always thought it was supposed to be three overlapping stylized two-man crosscut saws haha! @amirm and @Thomas savage busily sawing away at the b.s.! :D

View attachment 51711

I even found a photo of them hard at work! I think that's Thomas on the left:
View attachment 51713

Apparently the really long saws were also called 'misery whips.' Back-breaking labor, I'm sure. Kind of like Amir hoisting all those loudspeakers onto his test rig, or hauling those heavy amps around!

I saw that too in it ... forest. I planted them right behind the ones who cut them.

Top Bottom