• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

2 people listening to the same source at the same time

sbmarr

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a setup for 2 people using headphones listening to the same source at the same time. I was using the fiio e10k olympus plus an 02 amp but the 02 amp is not working anymore.
I was looking for an upgrade over the fiio & 02.
One idea is the Topping dx3 pro for 1 person and using the lineout to feed a Atom, Schiit Hersey or Geshelli amp for the other person.
Headphones are Sennheiser HD650 and Sennheiser HD558. Something within the budget of these products or slightly higher.
Any other suggestions would be grateful.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
S

sbmarr

Thanks for your reply @RayDunzel and @Doodski.
I was hoping for products reviewed well on this site as my mention of the brands in my post.

OP
S

sbmarr

There is a model by Lake People that was tested here:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-measurements-of-lake-people-g109-s-amp.7227/

(No DAC included, and it has a single volume control which could be an issue if you're using two different headphone models or the listeners prefer different volume settings.)
Thanks for your suggestion and as you say I would like independent volume control for each person as we like different loudness. I think the Topping with another amp gives us that flexibility.

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Last edited:
OP
S

sbmarr

I use this and love it:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MONITOR2USB--behringer-monitor2usb?

Wouldn't bet the house on measured performance though. . . it tries to do an awful lot for a very low price. The best I can say for sure is it's "good enough for Steve," even if it may be potential headless panther material. ;)
Looks interesting and it's great that you are happy with it. It would be interesting to see if it's a headless panther or not. Do you use a dac with XLR output to the behringer?

StevenEleven

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Looks interesting and it's great that you are happy with it. It would be interesting to see if it's a headless panther or not. Do you use a dac with XLR output to the behringer?

I have one at my computer--USB out from computer to Behringer DAC to headphones and speaker monitors out.

I have one at my bedside too--Ipad analog out to Behringer analog in to headphones out (straight analog path). My son is making me a (second) Raspberry Pi 4 streamer to use with the bedside Behringer also--I'll go USB out from Raspberry Pi 4 to Behringer USB DAC in to headphones. A "six-pack of Bud" system if ever there was one!! :)

There's an old Sony minidisc player that can be used as a DAC and ADC and headphone amp mixed in to the bedside system also. . . don't ask. . . the signal path can get a little convoluted. :oops:

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The best I can say for sure is it's "good enough for Steve,"

We have a similar quality level here at Neverland East to which we refer as "Better than Nothing".

alekc

Chord Mojo has 2 headphones outputs but you have to agree on volume level first ;) Love it for testing different headphones but works also for listening with a second person.

Aldoszx

I have Behringer MiniAmp, AMP800. 2 inputs and 4 headphones out.

Top Bottom