• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Yes or no for polls and why not discuss it to death in a thread while we're at it?

Testing (of polls) or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wombat

Master Contributor
Let's have a poll for limiting threads to 50 posts or 30 days, whichever comes first.
hide.gif

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
OP
Hugo9000

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Polls?

Don't expect much participation...

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ou-satisfied-with-your-home-audio-system.561/

113 voters, out of how many possible?
What do you mean, I just posted this nonsense test poll, and I already have two replies. Okay, you guys didn't actually vote, but you contributed to the "discuss it to death in a thread" part in my title, so there's that. :D

I'm hopeful that this will prove to be my best work yet on the forum. I hope I won't regret limiting the poll itself to 21 days. :facepalm::cool:

Edited to add: 1) Sorry, I see that one person voted already. 2) I just noticed that someone else has a thread related to testing (but that one is not a test thread or testing how to make a thread or how to test or make a poll about testing or test threads or test polls or testing a poll), and included a little poll, and I would like to clarify that my test poll on testing polls or polling tests has nothing to do with that one, not even as snarky commentary or silly trolling of that member haha! The timing is a coincidence. Unless my poll/test thing was posted before his, in which case I cannot speak to that member's motivations, as my poll could have inspired him to make a non-test poll related to testing (procedures or protocols, rather than polls and how to make them or not). I hope that makes my position very clear on the matter.

Last edited:
OP
Hugo9000

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Oh, I forgot to mention that I was actually one of those 113 voters in your poll, @RayDunzl ! I voted "yes," incidentally. :)

:cool:

Hmm, but now that I look at it again, I see you posted the poll on June 10, 2016, and I didn't even join ASR until July 21, 2018, so if you hadn't left the voting timeframe wide open, there would have been at least one vote fewer. So participation points for me, I guess, but it actually strengthens your case further.

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Your contribution is duly noted..

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I've used polls where I post some files and ask if people can hear some difference. A poll is a handy way to handle that. As for limiting thread life, I'd leave that up to the OP. Necro-posting is sometimes entertaining.

Glad to see I voted the way the majority did. Meaning most of you guys are pretty sharp. Otherwise I'd need to post and explain how everyone else is wrong. ;)

Top Bottom