• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

In the Queue: A list of what's to come

Blur

Forum Donor
I was thinking it might not be a bad idea to ask Amir and the rest of the reviewers to provide a Queue of what is coming down the measurement pipeline. This would provide us with a peak as to what's coming. Think of it as a rough schedule. Might cut down on follow up emails and schedule questions. That is if you all receive that type of communication from the members at ASR?

Brief thoughts?

Of course the list will end up being dynamic so perhaps it's not super informative if it's changing all of the time.

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Man, I was also thinking about this quite some time lately. Would be great.

Going further, I thought also about some voting for example, so members could choose, what is most preferred from "the pipeline".
Like on Rtings for example, they have "Vote for your next headphones review".

Some other ideas I got
- members post some of their audio gear in possesion that are willing to lend (but at the same time are not "that much" confident to get it measured) and based on voting, one at some given time interval would be "encouraged" to send the chosen item to Amir (shipping could be paid by community, in some form)
- members suggest new products, which they are willing to buy and get measured (but are not convinced yet) and the voting could be "the final touch" (after winning the poll, one shall buy the item with direct shipping to Amir first, while gaining the benefit for all the shipping costs covered by community, or "crowd funded", as you like)

At the same time, I understand that this would not be that easy to realize given the limitations of this "project".
Still, I'm very very thankful as to what have been done so far, Amir's passion and enthusiasm is breathtaking :)
I'm still quite new to audio and this forum as well, wish I had more time to read some more "technical knowledge" articles posted here.. :)

OP
Blur

Blur

Forum Donor
We should probably ask Amirm if we can help in some way. Not sure if anyone can setup another test station etc, but I imagine his measurement load is immense now especially with speakers.

Last edited:
OP
Blur

Blur

Forum Donor
And ruin the surprise? No way. ;)

@amirm knows the best way to build engagement is random, intermittent reinforcement. Or whatever the psych guys call it.
Yeah, I like things to be a surprise too.

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think I prefer the joy of the unexpected.

The cynic in me worries about what would happen when products with a rabid fan base appear on the list, will they join early to counter the review?
I fully understand your point of view.
And how about having a "stereo" pipeline - L channel - expect the unexpected / R channel - vote for your expactations.. :)

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I don’t recall what thread but he did give a short list of the upcoming speakers he’s measuring .

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Hey @amirm wheres the review of X Y Z, you promised that weeks ago LOL

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
We should probably ask Amirm if we can help in some way. Not sure if anyone can setup another test station etc, but I imagine his measurement load is immense now especially with speakers.
Of course we can. Scan all possible sources for specifications and recommended usage of the DUT and send all data to him, preferably in a format ready to be put into the review. We should agree upon such a format before, though.

Arvind

That would be great. FM like @WolfX-700 have the same Analyser. Amir can make an arrangement with him or anyone like him, to test some oriental products physically and Amir can add his remarks. Just a suggestion, unsolicited though.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I had one months back. It got outdated as I would forget to keep up with daily arrivals. Or deleting what was already reviewed. It was also a way for people to keep asking me when something will get reviewed as someone mentioned. :) So now you get a surprise every day and I don't have to work to keep it updated.

That said, I am thinking about creating a list for speakers.

Longer term I need to hire an assistant. Not like @Thomas savage who is at the pub all the time. But a real assistant to do these things for me.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Longer term I need to hire an assistant. Not like @Thomas savage who is at the pub all the time. But a real assistant to do these things for me.
That dog-gone Savage, can't depend on him for nothing except to hoist a pint or 8. :)

OP
Blur

Blur

Forum Donor
I had one months back. It got outdated as I would forget to keep up with daily arrivals. Or deleting what was already reviewed. It was also a way for people to keep asking me when something will get reviewed as someone mentioned. :) So now you get a surprise every day and I don't have to work to keep it updated.

That said, I am thinking about creating a list for speakers.

Yeah, I think a schedule is too conformist. It was just an idea. I’m sure you’re busy enough as it is. Wish I could help more than just financially, but alas I don’t have the gear.

Fleuch

When Amir or others review and recommend a product, please think about adding it to a rolling list or tagging it in the BIG list - just to make things simpler for a first port of call. There are just too many brands to trawl through each one, which indicates the success of ASR.

Sorry to see the original Amir's list retired, something needs to replace it. At least the recommendations are based on measurements.

Fleuch

OK the BIG list allows recommendations to be selected but somehow an ol' time simple list would be my preference - but at the same time creating and maintaining the BIG list is really some achievement.

Top Bottom