• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’d be willing to send Amir my Oppo Sonica DAC, although it’s a discontinued product.

Drop just featured the LKS MH-DA004 and it sold out at around $800. I’ve never seen this unit measured before. It could be interesting.

Xombul

Forum Donor
A cheap one: Lusya card board dac for Raspberry ( less than 60 USD)

Veri

Master Contributor
A cheap one: Lusya card board dac for Raspberry ( less than 60 USD)
Lusya is a reseller brand. There are many products under this name; several raspberry boards. I have once owned a Lusya board and was not really impressed. Best to stick to reputable products.

For all you know these boards are made with repurposed parts and chips of dubious quality..

Xombul

Forum Donor
Lusya is a reseller brand. There are many products under this name; several raspberry boards. I have once owned a Lusya board and was not really impressed. Best to stick to reputable products.

For all you know these boards are made with repurposed parts and chips of dubious quality..
The board with AKM chip. I believe it is the only raspberry board using a 449x chip on the market and I am curious about the performance as it seems to perform better than allo boss for instance ( but it is just a subjective statement)

Aldoszx

Even it had been asked before, i would also like to see a measurement of Cambridge Audio DacMagic XS. Thank you !

Fonzarelli

Forum Donor
Elac's DDP-2 would be great. Elac's own solution to control my Navis speakers.
Over budget, but i could sell my bike or a kidney if it's really good.

D

Deleted member 9286

And typical Monoprice keeps pushing back the release date.. :)

M-scaler won't help measurements.. 100000 or 1M taps is really just marketing crap. Some guy on reddit /r/headphones owns the TT2/M-scaler stack and regretfully admitted adding the scaler made zero difference despite all the gushing it receives online.

The latest Auralic separate clock just got tested, so I think M Scaler is fair game.

Veri

Master Contributor
The latest Auralic separate clock just got tested, so I think M Scaler is fair game.
Sure. Would be cool to see its filter response etc. I'm just saying, it won't affect measurements. All proper DACs have a (much less steep) oversampling function. Making it steeper won't make it measure better, except if the DAC has problems with ultrasonics.

D

Deleted member 9286

Sure. Would be cool to see its filter response etc. I'm just saying, it won't affect measurements. All proper DACs have a (much less steep) oversampling function. Making it steeper won't make it measure better, except if the DAC has problems with ultrasonics.

Fair enough. It’s been stated that the FPGA in the M Scaler generates enough noise to impact the noise levels in TT2/Dave/Hugo 2, despite suppression on the outputs. I don’t believe this, I think despite what anyone might think about Rob Watts’ claims, he has been proven to be a very capable DAC designer. But who knows, maybe the M Scaler does negatively impact the measurements of Chord DACs!

Modellbobby

I Would Love to see a measurement of the questyle cm 400i. I am currently listening through mac Roon CCA optical questyle into sennheiser 580 jubilee. Sounds solid to me. As in Germany I can't send it economically to Amir :/

Top Bottom