• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anyone try this? Yinlumei S2, using AK4497 decoding chip

Mike Arnopol

looked pretty cool. I'm a bit new to this . I am waiting for a Tansio TSMR3 Pro as well as a Monoprice M300. I'm a jazz bassist who has retired from 30 years of worldwide touring. I now have a business designing and building very high quality speaker cabinets for bass players. I listen to music while I'm working and prefer IEM's. I'm trying to find a great sounding DAC to use while I'm working. I initially was looking at the E1DA products but was advised that they might not be the best choice for IEM's---especially the very high efficiency Tansio. The Yinlumei looked like it might be a great solution. Any experience with it?

OP
M

Mike Arnopol

Thanks, Ivan
I would be using it to power a Tansio Mirai TSMR 3 Pro (very efficient) and a Monoprice M300 Planar. Just got the M300. It could be very nice with EQ. I'm wondering if I add parametric to the UAPP if that might do it? I was considering the 9038s as well. It seems that, while it had available EQ that the Powerdac might be too noisy with the Tansio.

Hisma

I own this dac. Don't think there's many westerners that own it as it's near impossible to acquire outside of China (unless you want to pay a $100 markup on ebay).

Here's pictures of the internals of this dac. It's held together by 4 torx screws, easy to disassemble.

SAh84P9.jpg

AK4497EQ DAC, OBravo SA9227 USB bridge prominently on display

Nn7Dvgt.jpg

pretty sorry pic of the opposite side. Sorry for the blurriness. But just to give you all an idea of what's crammed on the board.

DnKwgNh.jpg

Close-up of some of interesting ICs. OPA1612 on the right (I think) and on the left, a mystery IC that has the company logo printed on it. If anyone has any ideas on what it is I'd be curious.

Sounds good tho it has some really odd/frustrating volume stepping.

jameswilson

I went looking for this the other day, as it was available on the Shenzen audio (Linsoul) website about a month ago... Apparently, the S2 is no longer a thing. They now have the S3, which looks to be about 2x the size of the S2... and features a balanced connector as well as single-ended.

Just thought I'd share in case someone else goes looking for it.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
Last edited:

tential

I went looking for this the other day, as it was available on the Shenzen audio (Linsoul) website about a month ago... Apparently, the S2 is no longer a thing. They now have the S3, which looks to be about 2x the size of the S2... and features a balanced connector as well as single-ended.

Just thought I'd share in case someone else goes looking for it.
I want to see tests for the s3, M400, and the a2 dap.

One can dream.

Top Bottom