• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

Ben1987

Audio Company
10 meter passive cable
I have a 6 meters long passive USB cable and it's work OK. I didn't test a 20 meters long active USB cable and I will try it but first I need to seach a 20 meters long USB cable.
According to past experience, a 20-meter long active HDIM cable can make 4K@60hz video signal work very well, and I don't think 20-meter long active USB signal is a problem.

Ben1987

Audio Company
the only other way to avoid customa, would be if it was sold by gearbest or banggood, and they offered priority direct mail option for the purchase. Hope you can help us Europeans to avoid customs.
We will try our best to do a good job in purchasing experience and after-sales service. It is the same for customers all over the world. Please give us more time and patience, thank you and have a nice day!

hyperknot

I have a 6 meters long passive USB cable and it's work OK. I didn't test a 20 meters long active USB cable and I will try it but first I need to seach a 20 meters long USB cable.
According to past experience, a 20-meter long active HDIM cable can make 4K@60hz video signal work very well, and I don't think 20-meter long active USB signal is a problem.

Thanks a lot! I recommended the Ugreen one as it's available all around the world for decent price and usually good quality.

hyperknot

Ugreen, they are in shenzhen if I remember correctly and I often use their products.

Yes, and in USA and Europe they are extremely popular on Amazon sites. Most of their products have 4.5/5 star reviews with thousands of reviews.

Chrise36

Major Contributor
Hi Ben would you consider offering a 1 DIN version for car audio. It would be nice to have it along with those1 DIN head units that have digital out and car audio is a huge market for you.

porotikos

We will try our best to do a good job in purchasing experience and after-sales service. It is the same for customers all over the world. Please give us more time and patience, thank you and have a nice day!
of course Ben, thank you. If at some point you need any advice - suggestions, i would happily talk about my vast internet purchase experiences, from a customers point of view

gvl

Major Contributor
I'd imagine the linear phase being overall more optimal.

Maybe. I tried and tried and just can't hear any differences between filters on ESS chips, so not a big concern for me.

1025QW

@Ben1987 Are you considering selling LA-QXD1 on Chinese websites?It would be much more convenient for some Chinese like me to purchase.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
H

Hifihedgehog

What's the cheapest (and still safe) way to buy from Taobao? I have auto translate on my browser but a few pointers would be appreciated. I currently host a monthly cinema club and while I currently use the SGD1 for home use, this would be a nice upgrade (especially the XLR and bye-bye to the ESS hump) from my Khadas Tone Board.

maxxevv

Major Contributor
What's the cheapest (and still safe) way to buy from Taobao? I have auto translate on my browser but a few pointers would be appreciated. I currently host a monthly cinema club and while I currently use the SGD1 for home use, this would be a nice upgrade (especially the XLR and bye-bye to the ESS hump) from my Khadas Tone Board.

I'm not sure as shipping process out of China via Taobao itself can be a little convoluted if you can't read chinese directly. Also, there are some hidden costs such as surcharges for overseas credit cards.

I think Ben pulled back the stock off Aliexpress to fix the "ESS Hump", else it would be a lot more straightforward to order from there for non-chinese language readers.

On sale periods, sometimes its cheaper off Aliexpress versus off Taobao too. Though, not considering shipping costs and hidden surcharges, its usually less off Taobao.

PyramidElectric

Thanks, so that is definitely minimum-phase.
Not sure that is a sensible default/unique filter to have.

I'll second this, I would be a lot more interested in this if it had a linear-phase filter. @Ben1987 Any way in the future to make this switchable, even if it's via firmware or something?

gvl

Major Contributor
We may be able to offer different DFU upgrade packages for users to choose.:)

Can the mobile ESS chips be clocked from SPDIF and if so Is there a possibility of a custom DFU that enables sync mode? Just a theoretical question. Can be of interest for people building DSP crossovers.

Top Bottom