• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen... 80.00 no reviews found here yet ... good unit or is it a Pass..?

L5730

Addicted to Fun and Learning
My son is using Scarlett 2i2 for regular practicing of playing a solo guitar with headphones without disturbing the neighbours. This is very good device well worth its price.

From what I understand v1 of this device has insufficient headroom on the instrument input. Plug in a guitar with humbucks and get clipping, even some single coils seemed like too much output for the pre-amp. Switching to mic/line mode just kills the FR. v2 should be better, but probably bettered by decent DI units.

The problem for playing electric guitar into these interfaces seems to be something to do with dynamics and feel, as well as headroom. It's like the pre-amp part of a guitar amp, if it sucks no one can play properly through it.

....but most folks here couldn't care less about playing a guitar through it. How does the ADC and the DAC perform? Which version?Am I correct in assuming there are less revisions than non-big branded products?

Top Bottom