• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Where are you from/located?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostro

Toronto.

You guys have good sour beer.
Sour beer...cough, splutter, cough.....:)

I made the mistake of trying that recently as typically I like sour foods. I was in a huge alcohol warehouse, others here from Australia will know it. There was a new 'section' over in a very large beer section (beers from all around the world). There were just 2 new beers in this section - sour beers. I read the blurb & they both sounded appealing. So, I purchased a 6 pack. My goodness, I do like very different beers, but I wasn't prepared for the taste or fermented passionfruit if I recall.

Reading up....is it the Belgian's who started this supposed new style? Give me a good German weissbier anyday.

Cheers!

Wombat

Master Contributor

I made the mistake of trying that recently as typically I like sour foods. I was in a huge alcohol warehouse, others here from Australia will know it. There was a new 'section' over in a very large beer section (beers from all around the world). There were just 2 new beers in this section - sour beers. I read the blurb & they both sounded appealing. So, I purchased a 6 pack. My goodness, I do like very different beers, but I wasn't prepared for the taste or fermented passionfruit if I recall.

Reading up....is it the Belgian's who started this supposed new style? Give me a good German weissbier anyday.

Cheers!

A lot of 'boutique' food/drink is different for the sake of being different, with such beer makers trying to appeal to females or 'man-bunners'. Fashion items and mostly doomed to a short life. IMNSHO. o_O
(I used to say there was no such thing as a bad beer. Sadly, no longer). :(

Same thing happened with dry white wine(sweeten) in order to capture the hoi polloi.

Last edited:

Ceburaska

Forum Donor

Cheers!
I’d never heard the term sour beer, but reading up it seems I used to drink it when I visited friends in Belgium and drank kriek (cherry beer). Admittedly, I’m not a beer connoisseur, far prefer cider (the alcoholic, non iced version).

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
far prefer cider
Like this one?
Website-Header-Resize_Mobile_3.png

(Disclaimer: I'm working for the company producing this)

Last edited:

PresbyByrd

Forum Donor
Holland, Michigan
Midwest USA

solderdude

Grand Contributor
South Holland (near Gouda)

Last edited:

Ceburaska

Forum Donor
Like this one?
View attachment 40088

(Disclaimer: I'm working for the company producing this)
That’s quite good actually, but proper cider needs to be made in Somerset or Herefordshire by a wurzel with a brand new combine harvester.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Chicago - before and after seven international moves.
Really? You must have some important family there.
I spent 62 years there till my retirement.
Couldn't get me back with 10 pounds of C4 o_O

Reactions: PSO

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Only 2 in South America... Language barrier at work... I would bet many users read but do not post.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Only 2 in South America... Language barrier at work... I would bet many users read but do not post.
Our ratio of visitors to members is 6:1. This is actually quite good as on other forums, it has been 10:1. So yes, majority of our visitors are not members so can't vote this way.

Looking at site statistics, Sound America makes up 1.5% of our total visitors. Half of that is from Brazil.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert

Where on earth did you find that this was new or trendy, it's hard core traditional dating from the last millennia?

Peter Breugel pictured happy peasants dancing and drinking Kriek - lambic with cherries - in the 17th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom