• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Z Reviews meets PS Audio!

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Some of you who follow Z Reviews may know that he tried to use crowd funding to raise $25,000 to get a presidential suite at RMAF 2019 audio show to demonstrate reasonably priced audio gear (to what end, is not clear to me). I was surprised to see this video of Paul McGowan of PS Audio interviewing them at their suite!

Sadly he says he convinced them cables sound different. :(

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's what they probably said to his face, like when someone cooks a terrible meal for you, you still say it's good.

If someone adamantly believes in cable differences (under realistic scenarios), I'm not gonna argue with them in person, I'll do it behind the privacy of a computer. :p

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Wow. "Z" actually revealed himself on camera.
He has gone to great lengths over the years to hide his face.
God knows why....

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Z is eccentric, but in a different way from Steve Guttenberg.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Zeos isn't a reviewer, he's an entertainer. I really enjoy his videos but I wouldn't look to him for actual advice on headphones. Reviewing Chewbaca the cat was probably the best thing he did in terms of a real review but I like him as he makes me laugh.

Sparky

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Zeos isn't a reviewer, he's an entertainer. I really enjoy his videos but I wouldn't look to him for actual advice on headphones. Reviewing Chewbaca the cat was probably the best thing he did in terms of a real review but I like him as he makes me laugh.

I agree, I enjoy his reviews too but he's recently started reviewing anything and everything. It's all a bit odd....

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
i cant believe people gave him 25k, all he does is talk and talk about various products in his apartment, with no science at all. anyone could do that.
Looks like he got half the money: https://www.gofundme.com/f/ZeosRMAF

1570476889887.png

I was looking at his initiative here as a potential avenue for me to fund speaker testing.

He must have lost a ton of money given his other expenses (travel, etc.). I have not seen him provide any feedback on what he thought of doing this. If someone has, please post it.

BTW, I do like the way he goes through functionality of devices.

Fregly

I get frustrated with his scatterbrain patter. But like bad guy good audio he is entertaining as a personality.

MZKM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like he got half the money: https://www.gofundme.com/f/ZeosRMAF

View attachment 35371

I was looking at his initiative here as a potential avenue for me to fund speaker testing.

He must have lost a ton of money given his other expenses (travel, etc.). I have not seen him provide any feedback on what he thought of doing this. If someone has, please post it.

BTW, I do like the way he goes through functionality of devices.
A decent amount of the gear was given/loaned to him by companies, and he sold some stuff, so I don’t think he dug himself into too big of a hole. They also slept in their room, so they tried saving as much as they could.

Some companies gave money and products, I believe in total they raised ~$7000 outside of GoFundMe, before selling any gear at the show. I know he said they covered the room and travel.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
A decent amount of the gear was given/loaned to him by companies, and he sold some stuff, so I don’t think he dug himself into too big of a hole. They also slept in their room, so they tried saving as much as they could.

Some companies gave money and products, I believe in total they raised ~$7000 outside of GoFundMe, before selling any gear at the show. I know he said they covered the room and travel.

So essentially a 21st century internet panhandler?

carlosmante

That's what they probably said to his face, like when someone cooks a terrible meal for you, you still say it's good.

If someone adamantly believes in cable differences (under realistic scenarios), I'm not gonna argue with them in person, I'll do it behind the privacy of a computer. :p
Yep, that is a smart decision. Anything else is a Sadomasochism exercise. ha ha ha.

carlosmante

Some of you who follow Z Reviews may know that he tried to use crowd funding to raise $25,000 to get a presidential suite at RMAF 2019 audio show to demonstrate reasonably priced audio gear (to what end, is not clear to me). I was surprised to see this video of Paul McGowan of PS Audio interviewing them at their suite!

No way I'm going to part with my money to get a guy his "Presidential Suite".

Top Bottom