• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nice Cans of Austin sells the Hypex-based amps from ATI, made in the USA.

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
These are robust amps, built like tanks. They are marketed under other brands, such as Lexicon, Outlaw, SAE, and most recently Monoprice. Made in California. I installed these amps when I was doing design-build on the East Coast because they are built so well. I didn't want call-backs. The older ones ran hot, but the new Hypex-based amps ought to run a lot cooler.

Eljimador

Forum Donor
I see from your website that you also sell Matrix, Benchmark, Topping and RME, in addition to the Dutch and Dutch speakers. Nice to see a dealer focusing on gear that is well engineered.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
These are robust amps, built like tanks. They are marketed under other brands, such as Lexicon, Outlaw, SAE, and most recently Monoprice. Made in California. I installed these amps when I was doing design-build on the East Coast because they are built so well. I didn't want call-backs. The older ones ran hot, but the new Hypex-based amps ought to run a lot cooler.

Down here in Houston, just 3 hours away and I make frequent trips to Austin.

OP
S

suttondesign

Forum Donor
I see from your website that you also sell Matrix, Benchmark, Topping and RME, in addition to the Dutch and Dutch speakers. Nice to see a dealer focusing on gear that is well engineered.
Yup. It's a sideline to my law practice, so I'm privileged to deal only in products that I personally would (and do) buy. I really appreciate well-engineered products; it shows honesty and passion by the maker. Also, just as when I was in the design/build business years ago, selling quality products minimizes callbacks and returns.

OP
S

suttondesign

Forum Donor
Ah. I’m an attorney as well. Adding a side business in audio gear sounds like a lot of work, but we all have different ways of spending our free time. :)
Well, it helps me do things like pay for cars and private school tuition. Let's just say I work a lot.

OP
S

suttondesign

Forum Donor
If I were in New York, Nice Cans would have a different accent. Can't you just hear a construction worker yelling that?

Top Bottom