• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

How to integrate subwoofer with active stereo speaker.

OP
Amari

Amari

Perhaps you need something like an Adam Sub 10. I believe it has a high pass built in and is designed to sound good with the a7x speakers.

Surely it might be a very gut sub. But I think it would be stupid to buy something new, just because I need a filter. It's not the main feature of a sub. You know what I mean?

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Surely it might be a very gut sub. But I think it would be stupid to buy something new, just because I need a filter. It's not the main feature of a sub. You know what I mean?
The Behringer DCX2496 is such a filter and needs no PC. You can also use the internal EQ to correct the room.

Willem

Major Contributor
If all you need is a bit of high pass filtering you could use an inline Harrison Labs Fmod in front of the speakers.

Top Bottom