• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Review and Measurements of Totaldac d1-six DAC

graz_lag

Major Contributor
My analysis indicates that this box contains a mixture of approximately 78% nitrogen an 21% oxygen, with the residual content being largely argon and carbon dioxide.

I am sorry Sir but not going to buy my audio-grade gas mixture from you, no one of your gas is declared as being of audio-grade quality & conformity ... :rolleyes:

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
https://audiobacon.net/2018/05/01/totaldac-d1-usb-gigafilter-cable-review/

To whom it feels that @ a price of around $2,000 this cable is too expensive ... :facepalm:
Audio Bacon... :facepalm:
This guy posted a video on YouTube, a sound demo of several... Power chords. (up to 6K$) o_O
Most in the comments are sure to listen "night and day" difference. After careful listen, I'm pretty sure there is NOT ANY...

A simple search will reveal that there are plenty of happy customers with the Totaldac d1 USB Gigafilter cable in their systems. For current owners of Totaldac server/DAC, I suspect this USB cable will synergize very well.

Oh my...

So many bullshit in only two sentences... I call that ART.

Last edited:

firedog

Stereophile has two infamous Mikeys - both raging audio activists subjectivists who battle fiercely against objective auditioning and testing.

Of course, I am referring to the reviewer of the TotalDac - Michael Lavorgna, and vinyl-guy Michael Fremer - who Stereophile calls "the only one in the 80's and 90's who carried the vinyl flag".
Lavorgna hasn't worked there for a while. He has his own site/blog now.

THW

Forum Donor

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
It existed because it Has been propagated by manufacturer’s, retailers and magazines for the last fifty years, it is shameful.
No one told the truth for fear of not getting to write the review, not getting the advertising, not being allowed to retail the product.
Keith

Wombat

Master Contributor

graz_lag

Major Contributor
Audio Bacon... :facepalm:
This guy posted a video on YouTube, a sound demo of several... Power chords. (up to 6K$) o_O
Most in the comments are sure to listen "night and day" difference. After careful listen, I'm pretty sure there is NOT ANY...

Oh my...

So many bullshit in only two sentences... I call that ART.

Bacon: no word would have been more appropriate for his site, manufacturers keep his palm very well greased!

1565338465188.png

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Best In Show is a great spoof on those who take themselves and their interests too seriously.
Yes brilliant film, my first thought was spinal tap but then I thought as you could not really parody high-end audio as it's already so ridiculous a Borat style film where someone just goes around pretending to be bonkers and interviews actual real life audio nut jobs would work best.

As a nut job in recovery myself I think I could be convincing in the the lead roll .

direstraitsfan98

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
a) They do speaker reviews, with measurements. ASR doesn't.
b) What they think affects resale value of your gear, so to that extent, even right minded people care a little
I think Amir wants to start doing speaker measurements and reviews as well. Good point about Stereophile effecting resale value. Though I don't think it helps that much, I still see class A recommended components losing over half their value 5 years later.

Willem

Major Contributor
I prefer to keep my gear for decades. Real technological progress (other than manufacturing technogy) in audio is slow. The only really big advance has been the introducton of successive digital sources and more recently dsp room eq.

graz_lag

Major Contributor

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As a nut job in recovery myself I think I could be convincing in the the lead roll .
What would your character be, tech billionaire looking for the best reproduction of the only record you have ever listened to, or hifi trainspotter with BO that could stop a tank and hearing aids that keep failing out?

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
What would your character be, tech billionaire looking for the best reproduction of the only record you have ever listened to, or hifi trainspotter with BO that could stop a tank and hearing aids that keep failing out?
A enthusiastic idiot, not a stretch for me ha ha

Obviously have to be slightly upper class , and give their wives and partners little bit too much attention attention they've probably been craving for quite some time.

Fleshing out the character now lol

Top Bottom